You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum >

SR45 failing to extract

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1114 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 2437

Default SR45 failing to extract

Hello all!

Well I had a great time at the range with the wife and in-laws but my Ruger and Colt Double Eagle (broken firing pin spring and a whole lot of carbon build up in the channel) both struggled.

My SR45 seems to be struggling with extracting spent casings from the chamber. It happened across a wide range of ammo types and in no particular order within the count of a magazine. Approx once ever 20 rounds. I asked the guy at the LGS where I bought it from and he said it probably just needed broke in. My plan for right now is to polish the chamber and ramp and see what happens but if anyone has any additional feedback ID sure appreciate it.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2016, 02:55 PM   #2

Liked 36 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Sounds more like an extractor issue. I'd contact Ruger and let them know. They have a good customer service department and should take care of you.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:58 PM   #3

Liked 1114 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 2437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
Sounds more like an extractor issue. I'd contact Ruger and let them know. They have a good customer service department and should take care of you.
That is certainly my plan of action should this not sort itself out in the next 200 rounds. That said, the mouth of the casings were slightly marred although examination of the chamber doesn't appear to show any burs.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun