Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ruger Handgun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f175/)
-   -   Sr45 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f175/sr45-94658/)

jjones45 07-30-2013 02:35 AM

Sr45
 
I've gone .45acp crazy lately and have been eyeing several makes and models in this caliber. I have been wanting to add a ruger to my collection but haven't decided which one. If you have this gun please give your overall impressions of it. Likes, dislikes, problems. My local gun shop has these on sale all month for $429.

kjdeut 07-30-2013 04:49 AM

I have a 1911 and an SR45. I would tale the Sr45 over the 1911. I find the SR easier to shoot, more reliable (less misfeeds), takes whatever i put in it, including hand loads and very easy to take down and clean.
I also have the SR9 and the SR22, I like the entire line and have had no issue with any of them. I am guessing a 500-1000+ rounds through all of them so far.

Ken

JW357 07-30-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjones45
I've gone .45acp crazy lately and have been eyeing several makes and models in this caliber. I have been wanting to add a ruger to my collection but haven't decided which one. If you have this gun please give your overall impressions of it. Likes, dislikes, problems. My local gun shop has these on sale all month for $429.

No personal experience, but I've hear excellent things. When you say "this month," do you mean July? If so, you better get a move on bud!

jjones45 07-30-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1319935)

No personal experience, but I've hear excellent things. When you say "this month," do you mean July? If so, you better get a move on bud!

Sorry I meant all of august. Sportsman den has had these on sale a lot lately. Makes me think they're not big sellers. I figure if I buy it and don't like it I could sell it for not that much of a lost since its only $429. There is just not alot of real shooter reviews of this gun online. I have saved enough to buy this already but was holding out for something else so who knows what I will leave the gun shop with, lol.

JW357 07-30-2013 06:33 PM

How's it feel in your hand? Do you like its ergos? I've heard good things about every member of the SR series, in terms of function and reliability.

jjones45 07-30-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1320356)
How's it feel in your hand? Do you like its ergos? I've heard good things about every member of the SR series, in terms of function and reliability.

Felt pretty good when I handled one a few months ago. I guess I could be the first to own one in my circle. Plus I hear great things about ruger customer service. Like I said who knows what I will leave with. The sr45 just seems like a lot of gun for the money and that's always a good feeling to have about a gun.

kjdeut 08-01-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1320356)
How's it feel in your hand? Do you like its ergos? I've heard good things about every member of the SR series, in terms of function and reliability.

It feels really good, better then the 1911.

Ken

jjones45 08-01-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjdeut (Post 1322027)

It feels really good, better then the 1911.

Ken

Oh no you didn't. You better hope 1911 guys don't see this, lol

miamivice 08-02-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjones45

Oh no you didn't. You better hope 1911 guys don't see this, lol

What's a 1911? ;)

jjones45 08-03-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamivice (Post 1323520)

What's a 1911? ;)

Some gun some guy made over a 100 years ago. Hard to come by now, I don't think anybody makes them anymore


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:37 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.