Sr-22 pistol review - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Sr-22 pistol review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My carry case has the white logo. Is there a difference?
Also, it only the second round in a magazine that will not load. After that it feeds perfect. Hard to believe my grip is bad on just the first shot. But I'll try it. I really love this little pistol.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #12

Liked 2042 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 392

looked at the SR22 yesterday as a shooter for Mrs. Chloeshooter. She is not going to conceal and carry a .22lr so ended up going with Ruger 22/45 lite based on ergonomics.

SR22 seems to be a decent gun. The trigger pull seems longish to me.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshoot
My carry case has the white logo. Is there a difference?
Also, it only the second round in a magazine that will not load. After that it feeds perfect. Hard to believe my grip is bad on just the first shot. But I'll try it. I really love this little pistol.
Ya the white logo is a newer SR-22

Old 03-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
EVT

Has anyone found a good holster for the Sr22, been looking all week, found this cool site called ALIEN GEAR, they have holsters that are like the CROSSBREED, not much out there. Wondering what other gun is the same in size, maybe I can find a holster that way, any help would be greatly appriciated!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 485 Times on 295 Posts
Likes Given: 160

I had one that I shot for about a year. Regardless of the ammo, all it did was jam almost once per mag. I found it very frustrating and finally got rid of it. It felt good in the hand, but after a year I couldn't stand the sight of it.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 03-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT View Post
Has anyone found a good holster for the Sr22, been looking all week, found this cool site called ALIEN GEAR, they have holsters that are like the CROSSBREED, not much out there. Wondering what other gun is the same in size, maybe I can find a holster that way, any help would be greatly appriciated!
I ordered a holster for my SR22 with a crimson trace laser from Bear river Holsters. They are hand made and from what I can tell very nice. I am getting it next week and hoping it will be nice. Brad is the owner an does the stitching himself. Go check out there website and I will let you know about the holster when it arrives.

Ken

Old 03-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #17

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Ely subsonic hollow points cycle just fine in my SR22. Spring is here so it's time to load it up with rat shot for those copperheads. It is a great little gun.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #18
EVT

Default Holster for ruger sr22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdeut View Post
I ordered a holster for my SR22 with a crimson trace laser from Bear river Holsters. They are hand made and from what I can tell very nice. I am getting it next week and hoping it will be nice. Brad is the owner an does the stitching himself. Go check out there website and I will let you know about the holster when it arrives.

Ken
Ken,
Thanks for the info on the holster, you ever order from them?, which holster did you order?, was checking out their site. How do you like that CRIMSON trace laser? I was looking at the lasers on Midwayusa, did you get the universal one? Sorry for hitting you with so many questions, Thanks again....
EVT

Old 03-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT View Post
Ken,
Thanks for the info on the holster, you ever order from them?, which holster did you order?, was checking out their site. How do you like that CRIMSON trace laser? I was looking at the lasers on Midwayusa, did you get the universal one? Sorry for hitting you with so many questions, Thanks again....
EVT
I ordered the $55.00 on the waist band, first one listed on their site. It just arrived yesterday and it is a very well made holster. Brad from Bear River was very nice to work with and makes the holsters himself.
My SR22 came with the CT laser and I actually got it more for the wife then myself, but I like the gun so much I think I shoot it more then she does. I am not sure if it is the universal one or not. At first I didn't use the laser much, I wanted to get good with the sites first. Lately I have been using the laser more and enjoying it. It isn't much good in bright light but works great at the range. If nothing else it helps you practice holding your gun steady, with the laser you can really see how much the gun moves. Hope this helps.

Ken