Sr-22 pistol review
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Sr-22 pistol review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Sr-22 pistol review

what do y'all fell the quality if this pistol is?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #2

Liked 1128 Times on 733 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Honestly , Top notch .22lr I have 2 of them one is new the other one has around 600 rounds thru it and it shots real good, it will eat what ever you cram in it besides sub sonics . The only issues with feeding problem was taken care of after about 25 rds thru it and I think it was just a matter of wearing in a few parts after that it has ran perfect since . After around 500 rounds it will need cleaned as it will cause some feed issues . Overall great .22lr , great trigger , lots of features like decocker , comes iwth 2 mags , interchangable grips and finger extension for the mag plates . Its one of the better newer .22lr pistols out there

Old 02-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Ya I love mine I have the newer model SR22 which is the one with the metal pin insert in the slide cutout which stops it from the metal slide catch from chewing up the aluminum.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:39 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Like mine a lot, wish I could find a speed loader like I have for my MKIII so I can shoot more rounds. Pretty much shoot the cheapest rounds I can find and the only issue I have is that some times the slide doesn't stay open after the last round.
I also have an SR9 which is fantastic and I am getting an SR45 this weekend, can't wait for it to arrive at my FFL.

Ken

Old 02-14-2013, 05:21 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 216 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 64

They just released it with the factory threaded barrel and the 2 tone version. Wish they released it last year when i got mine so i won't have to buy an aftermarket threaded barrel.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
They just released it with the factory threaded barrel and the 2 tone version. Wish they released it last year when i got mine so i won't have to buy an aftermarket threaded barrel.
Very nice ya fortunately I have a connect in Georgia (I'm from Texas), where I get my .22LR ammo right now because of the whole ammo depletion scene going on right now. I pay $40 for
box of 500+ and 30$ for 375 box I know it's high but considering right now that price is not that bad I have fond way worse deals people selling 500 rounds for like be 60+ it's bad right now man and slot of these ammo companies are selling ammo they don't even have they are promising a ship and arrival date but it keeps getting pulled back on people it really is bad for dealers right now.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

At first my dad was thinking of getting a walther p-22 or a Sig Mosquito, but we got the SR22 and havent looked back. Imho one of the best .22 autos besides rugers 22/45 and mk pistols. For the first 500 rounds, after the first shot from the magazine, there would be an empty chamber, but now that doesnt happen anymore. It is an awesome fun gun to shoot though.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It's an awesome pistol brother!!!

Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelsew
At first my dad was thinking of getting a walther p-22 or a Sig Mosquito, but we got the SR22 and havent looked back. Imho one of the best .22 autos besides rugers 22/45 and mk pistols. For the first 500 rounds, after the first shot from the magazine, there would be an empty chamber, but now that doesnt happen anymore. It is an awesome fun gun to shoot though.
Almost every time I load a new mag I get a ftf after the first shot. It ejects the first cartridge perfectly and the slide closes it just doesn't feed a new round at all. I'm close to the 500 round mark now. I hope mine starts functioning correctly as yours seems.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshoot

Almost every time I load a new mag I get a ftf after the first shot. It ejects the first cartridge perfectly and the slide closes it just doesn't feed a new round at all. I'm close to the 500 round mark now. I hope mine starts functioning correctly as yours seems.
Try a strong thumb out grip that will help with feeding issues, did yours come with a carry case with red or white phoenix logo?