Ruger warranty
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Ruger warranty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger warranty

Just bought a mark 3 22/45 used
When I pull the bolt back seems stiff!
Is there a warranty?

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.
Mahatma Gandhi

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

My first 22/45 was stiff as hell when I looked at it in the gun store. It was for sale on consignment really cheap. I cheiseled them down on the price quite a bit and ended up buying it for $150-$175. The seller had never disassembled it and cleaned it thoroughly, so there was a build up of varnish on the bolt. I cleaned that up and reassembled with very light lubrication and it was a different gun. Since then I have done some minor polishing and stuff (still needs a trigger job though) which has made it better. The 22/45 is normally a bit stiff at first. Triggers are a bit tricky to stone and polish, I haven't gotten up the courage to try doing mine myself yet.

There is a trick to reassembling these types of Rugers, but follow the directions in the manual and it is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #3

Mine seems real stiff right after a tear down. But cycling it a couple times and it gets alot better.
I dont like how you have to dry fire it to do tear down. Mine gets stiff after the reassembly dryfire. I need to get some plastic plugs or empties for that.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:21 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Have you given it a good cleaning? Mine gets that stiff feeling after shooting the cheap dirty ammo. Good cleaning and light lub has always taken care of it. have you had any other problems with it?

Ken

Old 04-07-2013, 02:45 AM   #5

ruger has no warenty you contact custamer service and they send you a lable you send it in they fix it or replace it

Old 04-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I agree with everything said above. Give it a good cleaning, shooting it, and if still and issue call ruger. Mine was new and it look a few trips to the range for it to loosen up.
I also see the same thing as dalon, where it is stiff after I tear it down, but again once ai shoot it a few times it is good to go.
I have had to call ruger once (I have 6 of their handguns) and the service was great. Just as stated above,I told themtheissue, they emailed me a shipping label and I got it back within a couple of weeks.

Ken