Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Ruger Handgun Forum (
-   -   Ruger Speed 6- Anyone try Hogue grips? (

GSpears471 03-23-2013 03:38 AM

Ruger Speed 6- Anyone try Hogue grips?
Has anyone ever tried the Hogue grips for the security line of ruger pistols?
I'm thinking of getting some for my speed 6 357mag. hopefully I will help get better results. I'm just trying to get a general concensus about what peoples experiences are using them. Thanks I will appreciate your input.:):)

John_Deer 03-23-2013 04:03 AM

Leave the wood grips on the speed six. Plastic or rubber grips don't handle well on a 357 revolver. Get the over sized wood grips from ruger or ebay. Then have a gunsmith cut them to fit your hand if needed. I bought the rosewood over sized grips for my blackhawk and I am very happy with them right out of the box. I got mine from numrich for a better price than ruger offered. You might find target grips on ebay for a fair price.

GSpears471 03-23-2013 04:39 AM

Thanks, I have gotten parts from numrich for other firearms before. Are the grips pricey?

JTJ 03-23-2013 04:48 AM

Hogue makes grips for the Ruger Security/Speed Six. There are also lots of grips available on Ebay for them. The Hogues work fine on the Sixes and run about $20. You can get some fancy wood grips for $45-$60. The bad part about Hogues is they cover the serial number and you have to remove a pin to mount them. Dont lose the pin.