ruger P95 jamming - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > ruger P95 jamming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 04:14 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default I saw a sale on KY jelly the other day

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Are you going to bring your own vaseline or are they going to provide a lubricant for you?
KY jelly may work better!

Old 05-16-2014, 02:34 AM   #42

I had a P85 a few years ago, and it all of a sudden developed jam problems. I called Ruger, and the service rep diagnosed over the phone that the extractor was dirty. Following his directions, I pulled the extractor out, cleaned, and lubed it properly, and never had another jam with it. I ended up giving the pistol to my son, and he never had a problem with it either.

Ruger makes a very nice pistol, and their customer service and warranty have always been top notch. I have several different brands and will always have at least one Ruger.

Sent from my iPod touch using Firearms Talk

Old 05-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #43
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3272 Times on 2226 Posts
Likes Given: 708

The P85 was my Dad's last Duty Gun. He only had it for about 3 years before he went out on paid medical leave. He died 3-1/2 months short of retiring at 60. I don't believe his has more then 200 rounds through it. I thought it would go back into the postal police/ Inspectors armory to be issued to another officer or inspector. In 1997, 10 years after his passing, they dedicated a new locker room and lounge in the NYC HQ of the Postal police/Inspectors. My mom had passed a few months prior, so I attended as my family's Representative. The new Section of the building with the locker room and lounge was dedicated to my Dad, and bears his name to this day. I was presented with his 3 Service guns that were paid for by Uncle Sam. His First Colt Diamondback, his Ruger Security Six, and the P-85, all engraved, in presentation boxes, with his dates of service. I needed a few beverages after that....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
widowmaker Likes This 
Old 07-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #44

If I were you I would replace the magazine spring with a wolf spring. Any time you buy a used pistol you have no idea how long the magazine was left loaded. In my experience bad mag springs account for most failures to feed.