ruger P95 jamming - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum >

ruger P95 jamming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 04:14 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default I saw a sale on KY jelly the other day

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Are you going to bring your own vaseline or are they going to provide a lubricant for you?
KY jelly may work better!

Old 05-16-2014, 02:34 AM   #42

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had a P85 a few years ago, and it all of a sudden developed jam problems. I called Ruger, and the service rep diagnosed over the phone that the extractor was dirty. Following his directions, I pulled the extractor out, cleaned, and lubed it properly, and never had another jam with it. I ended up giving the pistol to my son, and he never had a problem with it either.

Ruger makes a very nice pistol, and their customer service and warranty have always been top notch. I have several different brands and will always have at least one Ruger.

Sent from my iPod touch using Firearms Talk
priell3 Likes This 
Old 05-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #43
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

The P85 was my Dad's last Duty Gun. He only had it for about 3 years before he went out on paid medical leave. He died 3-1/2 months short of retiring at 60. I don't believe his has more then 200 rounds through it. I thought it would go back into the postal police/ Inspectors armory to be issued to another officer or inspector. In 1997, 10 years after his passing, they dedicated a new locker room and lounge in the NYC HQ of the Postal police/Inspectors. My mom had passed a few months prior, so I attended as my family's Representative. The new Section of the building with the locker room and lounge was dedicated to my Dad, and bears his name to this day. I was presented with his 3 Service guns that were paid for by Uncle Sam. His First Colt Diamondback, his Ruger Security Six, and the P-85, all engraved, in presentation boxes, with his dates of service. I needed a few beverages after that....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 07-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #44

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

If I were you I would replace the magazine spring with a wolf spring. Any time you buy a used pistol you have no idea how long the magazine was left loaded. In my experience bad mag springs account for most failures to feed.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #45

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default P95

Just got back on, been in and out of hospital for myself and wife. So about 3 weeks ago my son took me to the range. I'm 79 and shot 150 rounds and was flawless and no hicups.
All I did before going to the range was pass a cleaning patch and that was it. I love my P95
I would not trade or sell it because it had a minor problem, send it back to Rugby and when it returns shoot the Hell out of it.
priell3 Likes This 
Old 01-11-2015, 12:27 AM   #46

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not being disrespectful but usually when there's a problem with a Ruger firearm in my experience it's usually the shooter. My P95 has been 100 percent reliable for me but I can't say the same for other shooters with my pistol. Proper grip on a semi auto is vitally important along with a good magazine spring.
People Like This 
Old 01-11-2015, 01:26 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 437 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 924

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctgb View Post
I'm not being disrespectful but usually when there's a problem with a Ruger firearm in my experience it's usually the shooter. My P95 has been 100 percent reliable for me but I can't say the same for other shooters with my pistol. Proper grip on a semi auto is vitally important along with a good magazine spring.
My PD 95 only gives me trouble if I don't keep it clean or don't have a good grip on it. I have had mine about 13 yrs and love shooting the old thing.
priell3 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2015, 01:08 AM   #48

Liked 229 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I know that the OP does not have this gun anymore, but i'm pretty sure I know what the issue was since I used to have a P95 with the very same "every 3rd round jam" issue. It is the extractor. Sometimes the heat treatment on the extractor arms do not hold, and they need to be replaced or at the least- bent or tweaked to a sharper bend and put back in the gun. That totally cured my P95, but I traded it off anyways, however I have owned or possessed several other Ruger's that never had issues including the 22/45, single six, sp101, and 77 rifle, all great guns. I think of Ruger as the greatest gun company in America. I'd wear Ruger boxer shorts if they made them!
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 02-08-2015, 08:34 PM   #49

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The P 95 DC I "inherited" from my son has proven to be so reliable that I would have no lack of confidence in carrying it on a daily basis. I have often kept it in the nightstand as a home defense
piece. The initial jams and failures I had with it were due to poor maintenance and dirt. A good cleaning and oiling, and it has been perfect since.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:55 PM   #50

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I had a P-95 and loved it. Really a great shooter,I sold it and bought a S/W Air weight because it was easier to carry.