ruger P95 jamming - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > ruger P95 jamming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

Sounds like you're the one hating. The fact that you compare your kids to your guns is a bit weird. A gun is a meaningless material thing. It just so happens my material thing was a pos that I didnt want. I am the one who took the loss and am happy with my purchase...I like this sig a lot more anyhow. Went and shot it today and it shot flawlessy. You like your ruger I like my new sig and life goes on.

Thanks for the advice from you guys. I may give ruger another chance in the future with a revolver. Prob stay away from the semi autos.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #32
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Default ruger P95 jamming

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
Sounds like you're the one hating. The fact that you compare your kids to your guns is a bit weird. A gun is a meaningless material thing. It just so happens my material thing was a pos that I didnt want. I am the one who took the loss and am happy with my purchase...I like this sig a lot more anyhow. Went and shot it today and it shot flawlessy. You like your ruger I like my new sig and life goes on.

Thanks for the advice from you guys. I may give ruger another chance in the future with a revolver. Prob stay away from the semi autos.

No,..I was making a "for example" Being an Ex Army Officer I learned (even long before the Service) to Treat my Guns like They were Family. Nothing wrong with a SIG,...Good Guns except for the issues with their 22 Semi-Auto,..But I thought you Said you Bought a Glock...?
I only hate a few things,...Terrorists,..Fascists,.. Child Or Pet Abusers....Wife Beaters....stuff like that...
As For Ruger Revolvers: Every one I have ever picked up has been FLAWLESS,..and My Wife has My Six With Hers....
My Late Dad Carried a Security Six and then a P85 as a Postal Insp./Post Office Policeman....He used to say" you Collect Colts, But you Carry Rugers for WORK!"

And IF you Taught The Spec. Ed. HS kids I did for 14 of my 26 In Education,..well lets just say I don't think you'd have lasted as long as I did...Best of Luck with your new Purchase...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 01-27-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:50 PM   #33

I teach kids with emotional and behavior disabilities at an urban high school and I am in a self containment classroom. SMALL WORLD.

Yes I bought a Glock 21 just recently and then this sig...thats why I said I need to stop buying guns hahaha you know you dont get rich on a teachers salary. Nice to meet you by the way, sorry if I came off abrasive.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:14 PM   #34

Liked 388 Times on 224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
I teach kids with emotional and behavior disabilities at an urban high school and I am in a self containment classroom. SMALL WORLD.

Yes I bought a Glock 21 just recently and then this sig...thats why I said I need to stop buying guns hahaha you know you dont get rich on a teachers salary. Nice to meet you by the way, sorry if I came off abrasive.
Don't ever say you need to stop buying guns lol!. The day your wife hears that (assuming you're married) is the beginning of the end haha jk.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 01-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #35

Haha I would never say that in front of my wife, she will then know she has won. Im already eye balling a zastava 30 06 for next deer season. She doesnt know that yet.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #36

Liked 388 Times on 224 Posts

My wife knew I wanted to put a new AR on layaway and now her car broke down twice in two weeks so there goes all my money. I think she feels bad....just a little bit though haha.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #37

Default P95

Hi KYBoy It's my first time back in a while,but wanted to speak for the P95 from my experience. I have one that belonged to my son, and will probably never get rid of it for that reason if no other. He was killed in the Station Night Club Fire, in R.I. 11 years ago. When the gun came to me, it went into my safe for a number of years, and sat, as I just didn't want to see it. Then about 5 years after, I took it out, along with the 2 1/2 boxes of ammo he had, and took it out to the range. I put about 30 rounds through it, and had several ftf's, and a few stove pipes, and some plain old jams. I took it home, stripped it and cleaned it, and took it out again at a later date. The gun performed flawlessly, even with the old ammo that my kid had. I've since put about 1500 rounds through it, all knids of ammo, and not a hiccup. I'm truly sorry you had problems with yours, but it is what it is. I've been looking for an older P series in .45 caliber, but have also had the hots for a Sig 220 in .45. I can understand your liking the Sig, sorrt of like a Caddy vs. a Chevy. The thing that steers me away from most 45's on the market is that I want the extra capacity of a double stack mag. Sig has a newer version of the 220 on the market with a 10 round mag, so I may start looking for one of those. Good luck and good shooting with your Sig!

Last edited by RickP; 02-25-2014 at 08:30 PM. Reason: fat finger error ( mis-type )

Old 02-25-2014, 08:49 PM   #38
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

RickP: very Sorry for your Loss. I was still living back east then, and remember the Incident very well.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 03-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #39

Liked 33 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 76

My P95 has been flawless. The only time it acted up was when I was teaching a first timer to shoot. She was limp wristing.

My P95 is my EDC gun.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:12 AM   #40

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default No problem now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chu8deb6 View Post
I have a P95DC and it is without a doubt one of the best weapons i have fired. I have put at least 900 or so rounds through it and never once has it ever jammed on me. Could it be a problem with your magazine?
My P95 had lite primer hits in DA mode. I tracked that problem to a defective Lee priming tool. Replaced tool, loaded and fired 500 rounds without a hickup.
Wish I could have bought that 95 for what the dealer gave him!