ruger p89 for $250
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > ruger p89 for $250

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2015, 10:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default ruger p89 for $250

okay guys, I just put a used ruger p89 on layaway and was wondering what you guys think of this gun and why it was so cheap. alloy frame. hope i didn't buy something bad. any thoughts are very welcome. thank you

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2015, 10:41 PM   #2

Liked 207 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 82

The Ruger P89 is rugged & reliable, though not as hand fitting as their later pistols. They were made until 2013. $250-$300 is about what they go for now. The low price is due to the use of investment casting for the frames & some parts, not inferior quality. Ruger's guns are known for their strength.

If yours is in good shape you got a decent deal.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:40 PM   #3

Liked 2747 Times on 1458 Posts
Likes Given: 4103

Heres a couple quick pics of mine...It's a P90.45acp but i think they are very similar. I bought it used about 4yrs ago (first gun i bought myself after i became legal...lol) I've put 500 or more rounds thru it, who knows how many before me. Has been very reliable, not even one issue. Its a Cadillac of a range gun...smooth as butta, and would be a great HD gun, but i wouldn't try to CC This monster...Paid $300 for mine, and wouldn't take twice that for it...I think you got a good deal....

File Type: jpg cindy9.jpg (30.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg cindy1.jpg (30.6 KB, 57 views)

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 01-17-2015, 12:28 AM   #4

thank you guys. i'm also selling them of my hipoint c9 for $75 to the pawn shop and will end up paying ~$150 in the end for the Ruger. i wanted to upgrade from my hipoint as my vehicle/range pistol. i wanted a reliable non-polymer 9mm with a hammer that didn't break the bank and it just seemed like the ruger was too good to be true. do u guys think $75 is a fair price that they offered for my hipoint? i am selling it with 2 magazines.
Right after i came out of the pawn shop, i thought "omg! what did you just do? it's a used gun and how do you know if it even functions properly?" Does ruger still sell parts for and/or service these pistols? and if so are the parts expensive? again thank you guys for taking the time to respond. i appreciate it immensely!

Old 01-17-2015, 12:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Heres a couple quick pics of mine...It's a P90.45acp but i think they are very similar. I bought it used about 4yrs ago (first gun i bought myself after i became legal...lol) I've put 500 or more rounds thru it, who knows how many before me. Has been very reliable, not even one issue. Its a Cadillac of a range gun...smooth as butta, and would be a great HD gun, but i wouldn't try to CC This monster...Paid $300 for mine, and wouldn't take twice that for it...I think you got a good deal....

that is a beautiful gun for it being used. the one i'm purchasing is not nearly as nice but i want this gun for function more than aesthetics. but man you got a great deal on yours! looks brand new!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:49 AM   #6

Liked 1293 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam78 View Post
Right after i came out of the pawn shop, i thought "omg! what did you just do? it's a used gun and how do you know if it even functions properly?" Does ruger still sell parts for and/or service these pistols? and if so are the parts expensive? again thank you guys for taking the time to respond. i appreciate it immensely!
I have no problem buying used guns. Yes, if necessary the P89 could be repaired.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:12 AM   #7

Quote:
that is a beautiful gun for it being used. the one i'm purchasing is not nearly as nice but i want this gun for function more than aesthetics. but man you got a great deal on yours! looks brand new!
Thank You..I think they gave you a fair price for the C9. They sell new for$149, the shop will probably put it in their case for $100. You had to leave them a little meat on the bone..I'm not kidding about them being a great range gun..accurate..sweet trigger, soaks up recoil... I'm sure you will love yours..

Last edited by rn-cindy; 01-17-2015 at 01:18 AM.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:16 AM   #8

Quote:
thank you guys. i'm also selling them of my hipoint c9 for $75 to the pawn shop and will end up paying ~$150 in the end for the Ruger. i wanted to upgrade from my hipoint as my vehicle/range pistol. i wanted a reliable non-polymer 9mm with a hammer that didn't break the bank and it just seemed like the ruger was too good to be true. do u guys think $75 is a fair price that they offered for my hipoint? i am selling it with 2 magazines.
That Ruger DOES have a polymer frame..And i'm with you..much prefer hammer fired pistols over striker fired.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:59 AM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 29

My wife has this gun. They are very accurate for such a low cost gun.

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 01-17-2015, 02:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
That Ruger DOES have a polymer frame..And i'm with you..much prefer hammer fired pistols over striker fired.
i couldn't tell at the pawn shop if it was polymer or alloy/aluminum so i asked the guy and he said alloy but he said that after he examined it, which meant he didn't know either. but even as a polymer frame i'm still happy if it functions properly. yeah, i started hammerless now i like hammers. go figure