Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Ruger LC9 Front Site Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default Ruger LC9 Front Site Issue

Hey guys .. Last week I went to the range came home and the front site on my LC9 was off!! It was off to the right and not centered!! I made a short video about it. Ruger customer service is top notch!!

Will update soon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumusiq View Post
Hey guys .. Last week I went to the range came home and the front site on my LC9 was off!! It was off to the right and not centered!! I made a short video about it. Ruger customer service is top notch!!

Video Link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uEVhIaxVFnw

Will update soon.
I have been looking at the LC9 for my wife. I only saw one review similar to your complaint that the front sight recess had been over-machined. He too said that customer service took good care of him. It is nice to know that Ruger stands behind their product!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #3

My wife loves the LC9. Go for it!

Old 03-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #4

My only concern is that people say it is a little "snappy" to shoot. Do you or your wife have this issue?

Old 03-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by valechris33
My only concern is that people say it is a little "snappy" to shoot. Do you or your wife have this issue?
Not at all! Heres a video of her shooting from two weeks ago. She's not an experienced shooter at all and you will see how easy it is to shoot.

http://youtu.be/8-SbN60iN2o

Old 03-30-2013, 02:03 AM   #6

Bought mine about a month ago. It's my cc piece. I haven't had trouble with my front sight, however my back sight is kinda wonky. It has come lose. I've tried tightening it and it's a no go

Old 03-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #7

Mightyswol, based on some of the other online reviews, you need to involve the manufacturer and have them fix it. Everyone says they just pay shipping and Ruger takes care of the rest. That concerns me that the sights come loose.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 AM   #8

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It's not just the LC9. I almost lost the rear sight on my LC9 on the first range visit. Evidently, Ruger doesn't tighten adjustable rear sights much out of the factory. My SR22 also was quite loose upon delivery. Never seen a front one do that, but the guys who work at my range say they find quite a few of them.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #9

Good news!! I finally got an Allen wrench that fit the screw. Just a slight twist and all is well

Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #10

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyswol
Good news!! I finally got an Allen wrench that fit the screw. Just a slight twist and all is well
If you have it zeroed, mark it, back out the screw & and hit it with a drop of Loctite. That should keep it from coming loose again.