Ruger lc9 - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Ruger lc9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943

You can explain all you want, in the end, "you pays your money and you takes your chance". Being Leo is NOT the judge or jury. It is however, your call to modify or not to modify. An LC9 is NOT the same as an LC9 with a functional change. At the very least check This Link for your own edification, then decide -"fore warned is fore armed". The manufacture of the mod assumes NO liability but you do.
Well the only reason this would be an issue is if they believe its a negligent discharge and the only way I'm shooting is in a very obvious threat situation. With someone's life about to be taken and you take that shot then its clear its not negligence and you can explain in court but yes they might say oh wait he cut his trigger pull in half. But there was an actual threat so why would I be charged? It's not like putting this kit on makes a hair trigger its still four pound trigger which is legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
Well the only reason this would be an issue is if they believe its a negligent discharge and the only way I'm shooting is in a very obvious threat situation. With someone's life about to be taken and you take that shot then its clear its not negligence and you can explain in court but yes they might say oh wait he cut his trigger pull in half. But there was an actual threat so why would I be charged? It's not like putting this kit on makes a hair trigger its still four pound trigger which is legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to coooool down. I don't deal well with people who leap from one assumption/conclusion to another like it was an Olympic Event. I passed on what other attorneys have written and what I felt was good council from others, not my opinion - as you have. I sincerely hope even as an Leo you are not thinking you are the definity authority on these laws. Do what you will do... I wish you well and if it comes up I hope you don't get a liberal judge and jury.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #13

Quote:

Time to coooool down. I don't deal well with people who leap from one assumption/conclusion to another like it was an Olympic Event. I passed on what other attorneys have written and what I felt was good council from others, not my opinion - as you have. I sincerely hope even as an Leo you are not thinking you are the definity authority on these laws. Do what you will do... I wish you well and if it comes up I hope you don't get a liberal judge and jury.
I'm cool lol no one is getting heated. I really appreciate you passing on those facts not trying to start anything. I understand where you are coming from I have just seen these situations in real life and not only heard about them. So I was expressing what I knew. By being a Leo I by No means think I am any different than anyone!!

Old 06-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
I'm cool lol no one is getting heated. I really appreciate you passing on those facts not trying to start anything. I understand where you are coming from I have just seen these situations in real life and not only heard about them. So I was expressing what I knew. By being a Leo I by No means think I am any different than anyone!!
Good on ya'! ... I appreciate you being "out there". Have a close friend at church you is an Leo and we shoot at the range at times. I'm sure the "under belly of society" is beyond my imagination!

Old 06-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #15

Quote:

Good on ya'! ... I appreciate you being "out there". Have a close friend at church you is an Leo and we shoot at the range at times. I'm sure the "under belly of society" is beyond my imagination!
Like you couldn't even imagine lol