Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Ruger Charger 10/22 Mods & Regs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Default Ruger Charger 10/22 Mods & Regs

Ops fully someone can help out a bit. I have a Ruger Charger, it currently is completely factory outfitted besides the Burris FastFire red dot that I used. It's a blast to shoot and the reputation for 10/22 quality and reliability did not miss the mark on these either!
My question is that I am looking for an aftermarket stock, preferably a tactic look but doesn't have to be. All I have found is the Archangel conversion but I think it's a bit overkill with the quad rail. I want to keep the optics and add a pistol grip/bipod combo. That leads me to my second question, I wanted to check the legality for a pistol grip on this perticular model, size, ect. I live in Oklahoma so luckily we do not have Cali/NY rules to adhere to.
Any direction or input anyone has is appreciated. Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #2

I meant to start it as Hopefully and not OPS. Me and the autocorrect do not get on the same page sometimes lol

Old 11-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #3

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 10

This was my first Charger build, its using a Nordic Components chassis which IMO is much better quality than the Archangel stuff.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8307 Times on 3590 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Okie- more than a state rule, you may be about to have a major collision with Federal law.

Assuming your charger to be the standard .22 PISTOL, adding a shoulder stock to that will drop you into the National Firearms Act. That pistol has a 10 inch barrel. Adding a shoulder stock makes it a rifle.

Rifles must have a 16 inch bbl, and overall length of 26 inches minimum, otherwise you have just "built" a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR). You CAN do it legally, IF you go thru the paperwork with the BATFE (much like buying a machinegun) get approval from your local police chief, submit prints, passport photos, a $200 tax.

Penalty for failing to touch second base? 10 yrs in a Federal prison, $10,000 fine, and loss of your right to ever own ANY firearm again.

If you already know this, and already have the paperwork in place with the ATF, please excuse the lecture.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:37 AM   #5

Morgo looks like a pretty sweet setup you have there. C3Shooter, that's a lot of great knowledge. After reading that I almost feel like its best to keep it factory original in appearance (besides the optics) to even avoid there being any question to the legality of the firearm.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #6

Which the reason why I wanted to seek some more information in the first place to be on the safe side regardless.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #7

It sure is a fun little thing. Heavier than you would think though which is kind of a bonus as there is no recoil at all, not that there is much anyway being a .22

Old 11-12-2013, 03:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgo
It sure is a fun little thing. Heavier than you would think though which is kind of a bonus as there is no recoil at all, not that there is much anyway being a .22
Oh man you are lying! That's without doubt the funnest shooting gun that I own. Ya, the recoil is almost not existent. They can make an average shooter look pretty good with the accuracy too!

Old 11-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #9

*aren't lying. Autocorrect and spellcheck are only good half the time

Old 11-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #10

lol

Nice being able to go through 500rds in an afternoon with out costing too much as well.

One more