Own a Ruger SR9C or SR40C?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum >

Own a Ruger SR9C or SR40C?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 14 Posts

Default Own a Ruger SR9C or SR40C?

I'm a Ruger fan. Had several in .22 and a couple in 9mm. The SR9C came out and it just plain looked great. Trigger pull was fantastic. Other compact 9's felt like you were bending metal to pull the trigger. My wife hated two I brought home, Glock and Tauras. She loved the SR9c.
Started having light strikes on the primer. A thorough cleaning seemed to make it worse. Changed ammo. Same results. These light strike rounds fired in my Beretta every time. Dealer said it was the ammo. Had the range owner fire it. Only 6 of 10 rounds fired. Took it back to dealer and demanded a new one.
Problem solve~ for a year. It then started double tapping, then light strikes on the primer again. Here's how I discovered the culprit and the cure.
The recoil assembly from Ruger are faulty. Part plastic, part steel. They get very sloppy and you'll see it begin to protrude at the muzzle. Mine was protruding 1/8" or more. I could push it back in with no effort. Check yours. A simple glance will be obvious.
After reading several forums, I found out about Galloway Precision. They make a replacement recoil assembly for SR9C and SR40C. I ordered one - $40.00 plus shipping - received it in three days and it cured all my issues. It's all metal and utilizes thicker metal and is visually a better quality assembly. The come in different weights, I got the 16lb. Problem solved. Ruger needs to buy these from Galloway. They don't seem able, or willing to make them correctly. Galloway makes enough of these to make it a profitable line for them. Should tell Ruger something. It tell me a lot.
rn-cindy Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here