Ouch...buyer's remorse
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Ouch...buyer's remorse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 336 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Default Ouch...buyer's remorse

I decided to go to a local cafe for lunch today while the wife and her sister did the Sunday shopping. I heard a young couple next to me talking to the waiter about the "new pistol" they bought (A Ruger LC9). The pistol was used and purchased at today's gun show in town. They asked the waiter if they had gotten a good deal on it for an even $500 with two mags. The young waiter asked if it had laser sights to which they couple replied it did not. He broke the news to them that it wasn't a good price. The couple argued that they had in fact got the pistol down in price from $650. I felt bad for them, such a sad thing to hear of gouging like this on unsuspecting folks now but, with so many available avenues online to price compare, it amazes me how many folks get sucked into this behavior. I could tell they had a remorse on the purchase of the pistol. I only hope now they can find some 9mm ammo for it.
Time will heal it but an expensive lesson nonetheless.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan
I decided to go to a local cafe for lunch today while the wife and her sister did the Sunday shopping. I heard a young couple next to me talking to the waiter about the "new pistol" they bought (A Ruger LC9). The pistol was used and purchased at today's gun show in town. They asked the waiter if they had gotten a good deal on it for an even $500 with two mags. The young waiter asked if it had laser sights to which they couple replied it did not. He broke the news to them that it wasn't a good price. The couple argued that they had in fact got the pistol down in price from $650. I felt bad for them, such a sad thing to hear of gouging like this on unsuspecting folks now but, with so many available avenues online to price compare, it amazes me how many folks get sucked into this behavior. I could tell they had a remorse on the purchase of the pistol. I only hope now they can find some 9mm ammo for it.
Indeed. And who would've thought that 9mm ammo would be so difficult to find. Time to put in some work reloading...

Old 02-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 2506

We,
All of us,
have made expensive mistakes.
Hope these folks leave this in the past.
Sadly these days, "it seems", that every one that sells,
is charging all they can.
And if you dont know,
you will pay the price.
If I knew this couple I would trade them a box of 9.mm,
for a cup of coffee.
Reminds me of a former friend,
Back in the days of the Pomona gun show
My friend had a table at the show.
I stopped by to see what he had.
Just stuff, nothing real neat.
A young man stopped to look at a set of grips,
He asked if they would fit his revolver,
my "friend" said sure.
I pointed to the list on the back of the package.
No they were not for his gun.
He said thanks and left,
My friend kicked me under the table,
Oh he was P.O.
Oh well.

I said it seems.

I checked an online store for .45 auto. rim, .45 colt, and .222.
Nothing in stock,
but a nice price.
What was in stock,
not so nice a price,
And the shipping charge "OUCH"

Last edited by shadecorp; 02-24-2013 at 10:35 PM.
bluez Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21724 Times on 12314 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
what amazes me is, that it's so much easier today with the internet to dig up information and reviews on just about anything under the sun and even find pricing information whether it be new or used. people just don't do it and then wonder why they got ripped off. i can remember a time when you dug through your dusty stack or gun rags to get reviews and hit the pawn shops and gun stores to check out prices. most any purchase i do now if i am not familiar with it, isn't done until i do an online search and do some research about it.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 257 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 112

I dropped by my local gun shop - had a hard time finding a place to park. No high cap mags, no 5.56 or many other calibers except super high priced self defense rds.

I found one box of 7mm Mag -175gr for $15.99 while all the others were $27.99. Same stuff - they just missed bumping one box up.

A salesman actually told me they didn't want to scalp anyone. (he offered to buy my NIB - Ruger 20 rd mags for the $20 I originally paid - nice guy)

Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 898 Times on 547 Posts
Likes Given: 202

caveat emptor

Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #7

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

I feel no sympathy for someone who can't take 45 seconds on their smartphone to easily see that a new SR9 (comes w/ 2 mags) can be had for $450 including FFL cost.......

Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #8

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I feel no sympathy for someone who can't take 45 seconds on their smartphone to easily see that a new SR9 (comes w/ 2 mags) can be had for $450 including FFL cost.......
LOL, such anger.

Don't be in such a hurry to have no sympathy for somebody.

That somebody might be you or a loved someday, and in these troubling times
that could be all you have or get.

Have a nice day

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #9

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
LOL, such anger.

Don't be in such a hurry to have no sympathy for somebody.

That somebody might be you or a loved someday, and in these troubling times
that could be all you have or get.

Have a nice day
Anger? Oh good lord, please take that co-dependent stuff elsewhere, this is a firearms forum, man!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #10

Liked 2031 Times on 1295 Posts
Likes Given: 1113

My advice to someone in that position is: scrounge around until you find a killer deal on another gun, then you can balance your $500 SR against that Colt you stole for $200 .