Newest Toy LC9 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Newest Toy LC9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks ill put more rounds thru it and hopefully that fixes the problem

Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #22
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 465 Posts
Likes Given: 500

I love mine its my edc unless I'm dressing up then its my p10. That being said I would caution you about firing it if its not in full battery a ruptured case can be quite exiting!

Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #23

Likes Given: 3

I like my LC9! Has anyone seen DETAILED assembly/reassembly instructions? I can't see enough detail in the Youtube videos that I've seen and Ruger's website only has field strip directions...
Thanks!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #24

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

Do you mean field strip of full disassembly as in trigger mechanism and everything?

Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #25

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
I picked up the LC9 a couple weeks ago shortly after selling my LCP to a LEO. I like the gun, but the rear sight almost fell off during the first range visit. A little loctite and it took the next 100 rounds just fine. It takes a while to group consistently, but is consistent in critical mass 10 yards and in. That's why I sold the pea shooter and got it. Now for all the safety overkill. The round in the chamber indicator is kind of hokey but tolerable, the thumb safety is really not necessary with that long trigger pull, it won't fire with a dropped mag, and what's up with that stupid little key lock? She's been California-ized.
You can file down the chamber indicator so it doesn't protrude as much. Also a gun smith (or you if you know what you are doing) can deactivate the key lock and mag disconnect safety. Then if you don't use your thumb safety it will be just as safe as any dao revolver.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #26

Likes Given: 3

Rurak-
I meant fully taking apart the trigger mechanism...
Thanks

Old 12-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #27

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman

You can file down the chamber indicator so it doesn't protrude as much. Also a gun smith (or you if you know what you are doing) can deactivate the key lock and mag disconnect safety. Then if you don't use your thumb safety it will be just as safe as any dao revolver.
I wouldn't have bought the gun if all that stuff bothered me that bad. I am just saying that it is safety overkill. I don't engage the thumb safety and threw the key away within minutes of opening the box. The chamber indicator is actually starting to grow on me.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:17 AM   #28

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakestud View Post
So I just put about 50 rounds thru the LC9 and I'm getting this every so often

Attachment 72556

Attachment 72557

When it should look like this..

Attachment 72558

Which it still fires the rounds off but still I know it's shouldn't be doing this. Should I be concerned or should I continue with the break in period ???
Mine did this too. The chambered round indicator was catching on the rim of the case. I just used a little sandpaper and rounded it off a little. Worked great after that. Its a great little gun and other than that it never gave me any trouble. I did end up selling mine to my dad tho. I just never could get used to that long trigger.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4

Mine did this too. The chambered round indicator was catching on the rim of the case. I just used a little sandpaper and rounded it off a little. Worked great after that. Its a great little gun and other than that it never gave me any trouble. I did end up selling mine to my dad tho. I just never could get used to that long trigger.
That's my problem too. It is very long trigger pull

Old 01-06-2013, 03:26 AM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Took some time, but did get the hang of the trigger pull. Just took my carry class so looking for a holster for mine.

Ken