New SR9C - should I clean b4 using 1st time? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum >

New SR9C - should I clean b4 using 1st time?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post

if you wouldnt mind, i am curious about this. what companies say this. do you think you can post links to facts to back this up?
I will do more research on this, but my sources are a group of firearms dealers and recreational shooters. Not that everyone will agree all the time. Lol.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I just got this back from Ruger CS.

"Comment / question:
I just bought a new SR9C and read on the internet that the first thing I should do before firing it is to strip it & completely clean all factory lube and then relube. I can't find anything like that in the manual. What do you recommend?
Response:
It is not necessary to clean your SR9C on initial purchase other than to make sure the barrel is free of any oil. The SR9C should be field stripped after each shooting session, for cleaning and lubrication no matter how many rounds are fired. You should clean, blow dry and lightly oil your firearm to keep it in perfect working order."

This was kind of a generic answer, but I stripped it and cleaned & lubricated anyway. I didn't remove all the grease because it wasn't that bad and after I fire about a hundred rounds thru it, I'll take it down and clean everything and relube. Should I use grease on the slide or just lightly oil?
Heading to the range

Old 12-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #13

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

I never did that in my life so far anyway.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

I disassembled and inspected mine, then put it back together and started shooting. Cleaned it afterwards.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA