You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum >

New Ruger Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2016, 12:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Default New Ruger Pistol

So while visiting a few shops this afternoon so my son could shop AR-15s, I ended up bringing home a Ruger SR9E for myself. He's still looking for an AR.

Here is the new 9E with my P95.

New Ruger Pistol - Ruger Handgun Forum

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2016, 04:09 AM   #2

Liked 3551 Times on 2078 Posts
Likes Given: 904

Congrats on the new pistol. Please do get back to us with a range report, once you've had the opportunity to put some rounds down range.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:23 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 109

I took it to the range today to give it a good test for function:

I first ran 15 rounds of 124 gr. JHP - no problem.
Next up, 5 rounds of 147 gr. Remington FMJ ammo with a sort of flat nose.
I followed that with 5 rounds of 124 Blazer aluminum cased ammo.
Last of the bunch was 5 rounds of 115 gr. FMJ remanufactured ammo from Freedom Munitions.

I continued the 5-5-5 rotation until I hit a total round count of 150. In a few mags I mixed types of ammo.

The gun worked flawlessly and seems quite accurate. My son shot a few of the mags and was equally impressed.

I did all of this shooting in under an hour on a very hot day. I like how the gun fits my hand and shoots. I was quite pleased that it ate 4 types of ammo without a hitch. Time to go break it down, inspect it and wipe it off for next time.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:06 PM   #4

Liked 3551 Times on 2078 Posts
Likes Given: 904

Good to hear that it worked well and was accurate. I had seen a review of one, where the bore of the barrel was actually oversized (.358) diameter and was not grouping well with most loads. I know this is what Ruger is using as there kind of entry model right now, but don't find it a good excuse for an out of spec barrel. Sounds like you got a good one.