Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > New Ruger LCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlbf406
I sometimes can't go to the range every month, but then other times I'll shoot 100-150 rounds through it. I always try to get as much range time as I can afford in, and try to shoot every gun I have, that way, even if is just my home defense firearm, I am efficient with it.
Of course we do what we can!! Keep in my HD weapons is not as critical to practice with!! For 1 they are bigger and more accurate in most cases! And 2 the response time for a developing crises is often much longer!! In no means, am I discouraging not to practice with HD Weapons!! But if you have to choose HD or carry, always choose carry!! Ideally it's best to find one for adequate defense and carry friendly!! I roll with my gut feeling!! More times than not I will leave my carry pistol on my nightstand at night!! But if my gut tells me otherwise, I will not hesitate To pull a bigger weapon out of the safe!!and there is no crime to buy an inexpensive 22 just to target practice with!! At 6 bucks for 50 you can't go wrong!!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 210 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Yes the smaller the gun often comes along a bit more snap. I take my Nano with me every time I head to the range and shoot at least 50 rounds through her. It's worth it to train with the firearm that you may have to use to save your life.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2080 Times on 1435 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe
Yes the smaller the gun often comes along a bit more snap. I take my Nano with me every time I head to the range and shoot at least 50 rounds through her. It's worth it to train with the firearm that you may have to use to save your life.
Can't agree More W/That! I put at least 36-72 rounds through my LC9 every range trip! I'm even considering a 2nd LC9 to have one each for HD & one Sep. just for carry, or poss. the new LC380 which I want Mz Green to carry if I can get her to...
Of course if i hear someone Actually Trying to BREAK In to my House (after they see the Bulldog on patrol sign, The US army VET sign, and the Armed & Alive sticker on the front door, if they still wanna try and get in...they will meet Mr. Mossberg SA-20 with HP slugs very quickly!!! More the one of you? Oh well then you also get to meet Several Mr. RUGER's as well!!)....

Read a great article in G&A HANDGUNS on dealing with recoil from "Heavy" Guns like the S&W .44..seems to be along the lines of what is taught in most hand gun classes in person or by DVD..I'm sure most of it can be adapted to smaller Autos that "jump"....

Nano is a nice looking pocket pal DRV,...do you put HP's In her and Does she feed them well? My old S&W will eat anything you load in her....but the LC9 sometimes doesn't care for some HP's...My Reloader pal I bought some rounds from yesterday morning said he made some "cup-points" by reversing SWC's...gave me a 10 rd. sample to try out...But I'd also like to get some FMJ's and have someone put little holes in the tips...RN's usually don't expand much if at all...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-07-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

Can't agree More W/That! I put at least 36-72 rounds through my LC9 every range trip! I'm even considering a 2nd LC9 to have one each for HD & one Sep. just for carry, or poss. the new LC380 which I want Mz Green to carry if I can get her to...
Of course if i hear someone Actually Trying to BREAK In to my House (after they see the Bulldog on patrol sign, The US army VET sign, and the Armed & Alive sticker on the front door, if they still wanna try and get in...they will meet Mr. Mossberg SA-20 with HP slugs very quickly!!! More the one of you? Oh well then you also get to meet Several Mr. RUGER's as well!!)....

Read a great article in G&A HANDGUNS on dealing with recoil from "Heavy" Guns like the S&W .44..seems to be along the lines of what is taught in most hand gun classes in person or by DVD..I'm sure most of it can be adapted to smaller Autos that "jump"....

Nano is a nice looking pocket pal DRV,...do you put HP's In her and Does she feed them well? My old S&W will eat anything you load in her....but the LC9 sometimes doesn't care for some HP's...My Reloader pal I bought some rounds from yesterday morning said he made some "cup-points" by reversing SWC's...gave me a 10 rd. sample to try out...But I'd also like to get some FMJ's and have someone put little holes in the tips...RN's usually don't expand much if at all...
I bought some expensive HP For my big 9 and my LC9!! I've heard of HD jamming on the LCP but not in the LC9, how why spread is this problem with the Lc9 And should I just roll with FMJ in my LC9??

Old 07-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

I bought some expensive HP For my big 9 and my LC9!! I've heard of HD jamming on the LCP but not in the LC9, how why spread is this problem with the Lc9 And should I just roll with FMJ in my LC9??
Mahall: The Manual says "NOT" to use anything but FMJ's(esp. NO +P ammo) In at least 4 places! That being said, I can get Hornady Critical Defense .9mm through the LC9 without a Jam, But Federal Hydra Shok's....thats a different story! I also had no issue with the Remington 100 Gr, SJHP's,..but they weren't "+P".

I even Called out a Writer @Gunword(Dr. Martin Topper) on that in his review recently. I can't see what an HP will do that a FMJ can't at such close range from a Pocket gun...But our range doesn't let us do "ballistic tests" with gel,..too messy to clean up...

I CAN say the last time we went "in the Desert" and set up some melons on a table 30Ft. away that you can SEE the difference from Longer barreled .9's between FMJ & HP/JHP rounds....One of my pals was mad we didn't save one melon for VODKA....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #26

Quote:

Mahall: The Manual says "NOT" to use anything but FMJ's(esp. NO +P ammo) In at least 4 places! That being said, I can get Hornady Critical Defense .9mm through the LC9 without a Jam, But Federal Hydra Shok's....thats a different story! I also had no issue with the Remington 100 Gr, SJHP's,..but they weren't "+P".

I even Called out a Writer @Gunword(Dr. Martin Topper) on that in his review recently. I can't see what an HP will do that a FMJ can't at such close range from a Pocket gun...But our range doesn't let us do "ballistic tests" with gel,..too messy to clean up...

I CAN say the last time we went "in the Desert" and set up some melons on a table 30Ft. away that you can SEE the difference from Longer barreled .9's between FMJ & HP/JHP rounds....One of my pals was mad we didn't save one melon for VODKA....
So as a rule the smaller the gun more frisky with ammo, particularly HP!! I bought my LC9 used with no manual!! What's the word on p95? That's my big 9! Hope it will eat Defense HP or I completely wasted 60 bucks!! Cause I don't want anything I can't rely on!! To expensive to test shoot!! So I will go by people's experiences!!

Old 07-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #27

Quote:

So as a rule the smaller the gun more frisky with ammo, particularly HP!! I bought my LC9 used with no manual!! What's the word on p95? That's my big 9! Hope it will eat Defense HP or I completely wasted 60 bucks!! Cause I don't want anything I can't rely on!! To expensive to test shoot!! So I will go by people's experiences!!
And I did buy the Federal Defense ammo!! If its a thumbs up in my p95 than it wouldn't be a complete waste-

Old 07-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

And I did buy the Federal Defense ammo!! If its a thumbs up in my p95 than it wouldn't be a complete waste-
No As far as i know, No issues with any other models in the line up with Hollow points! I put Hollow Points & +P's on a regular basis through my SR9 (and most of my other .9's) with little or no problems..

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #29

Quote:

No As far as i know, No issues with any other models in the line up with Hollow points! I put Hollow Points & +P's on a regular basis through my SR9 (and most of my other .9's) with little or no problems..
Ty I should of read up on it before I bought it!! I'll keep it out of the LC9!! Thanks for the info!!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Ty I should of read up on it before I bought it!! I'll keep it out of the LC9!! Thanks for the info!!
My Pleasure, Honor & Duty to Serve....Opps wrong thank you speech! No problemo.....

I will also say that not everyone likes the feel of the trigger but I look at mine as an extra safety feature as opposed to a problem. I have heard about some kinda trigger job that drops the Pull to less then 4 Pounds......
I am considering changing the grips or adding those Pachmayr grip swells, and I already ordered a Laser Lyte for the side of the frame....And we're still waiting on those 9 rd. ext. mags....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.