New Ruger LCP - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > New Ruger LCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Make sure your carry ammo cycles well in yours. I've got federal premium in mine right now (just because I can't find Hornady CD) and they don't want to cycle well. The hollow part is too wide and keeps jamming going up the feed ramp.

Galloway precision has some really sweet parts for these little guns.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #12

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarmboy21
Make sure your carry ammo cycles well in yours. I've got federal premium in mine right now (just because I can't find Hornady CD) and they don't want to cycle well. The hollow part is too wide and keeps jamming going up the feed ramp.

Galloway precision has some really sweet parts for these little guns.
I was told about that same thing when I bought mine!! Try using eraser to polish the ramp!! I have always used FMJ and never had any issues, probably at about 500 rounds fired no issues-

Old 06-21-2013, 02:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

I was told about that same thing when I bought mine!! Try using eraser to polish the ramp!! I have always used FMJ and never had any issues, probably at about 500 rounds fired no issues-
My opinion!! best to use FMJ in small caliber guns for a little more penetration potential!! Chances of HP penetrating enough to do its designed damage is low for small Calibers

Old 06-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlbf406
I just picked up my new Ruger LCP and it is going to do my ccw. I'm not new to firearms, however I am new to Rugers, as well as to carrying concealed. I have had training as an armed security officer however the training concerned carrying a visible duty weapon (not concealed, as that was illegal at the time including for security). Does any one have any recommendations for first time conceal carrying for concerning the LCP, besides common sense.
Remember what is!! Great conceal weapon!! Feed it all the FMJ Ammo you desire!! It was my first conceal weapon as well!! I've since, purchased big brother LC9 for a few bucks more, bigger caliber(9mm) and almost as small to conceal!! But LCP has a place in my life when I feel like getting next to naked!! Lol enjoy!!

Old 06-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #15

Liked 34 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Thanks every body......I plan to stagger my rounds between HP & FMJ to get the best of both worlds. I haven't got to the range yet but as soon as I do, I'll make sure my carro ammo functions fine through it.
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Sccy CPX-2
DPMS Oracle AR-15
D'armes de Guerre 25-06
Norinco SKS
Sears Model 25 made my High Standard

Old 06-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #16

finally got to the range, and my carry ammo (Hornady FTX) cycles flawlessly through it. Shot a box of Winchester white box through it as well which ran flawlessly. It's an ok little gun, but the recoil seem a bit much for only a .380 but I'm guessing that's because of its such light wait. It definitely isn't a range gun, as my hands were beginning to hurt after 50 rounds, no way I could do more then 100 at one time.
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Sccy CPX-2
DPMS Oracle AR-15
D'armes de Guerre 25-06
Norinco SKS

Old 06-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlbf406
finally got to the range, and my carry ammo (Hornady FTX) cycles flawlessly through it. Shot a box of Winchester white box through it as well which ran flawlessly. It's an ok little gun, but the recoil seem a bit much for only a .380 but I'm guessing that's because of its such light wait. It definitely isn't a range gun, as my hands were beginning to hurt after 50 rounds, no way I could do more then 100 at one time.
Yes, she does have a little bite to her, that's the trade for light and small!! I shoot about 50 rounds through mine a month! Just to keep sharp!! I try to keep 6" groups from 15 feet away!! Hard to ask anymore from that gun!! I suggest to everyone, practice often with your primary carry, at least 600 rounds a year!! If that proves to be to painful, probably be best to find a more pleasant shooting carry gun!

Old 07-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #18
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:

Yes, she does have a little bite to her, that's the trade for light and small!! I shoot about 50 rounds through mine a month! Just to keep sharp!! I try to keep 6" groups from 15 feet away!! Hard to ask anymore from that gun!! I suggest to everyone, practice often with your primary carry, at least 600 rounds a year!! If that proves to be to painful, probably be best to find a more pleasant shooting carry gun!
We got my DW(Mz. Green) the LCR In .38+P when i Got Mine in .22mag..,..but I'm looking at the LC380 or the Walther PK 380(a little Bigger then the LC) for her. She is "More then average" to "Very Good" with her Revolvers,..but she also knows that Gd Forbid if the SHTF she will need more the 3 Wheel guns to back me up, and her Buckmark .22 Target isn't a "go To" option here...so it's either going to be one of those 2 .380's, or the Sig 238...or if we can get them at reasonable cost and not the almost 1100 dollars i see them at now,..would be "his & hers" Kel-Tec PMR 30 22Mag. with 20 & 30 shot mags(I recently got a .22Mag Kel-Tec RMR 30 carbine,..same mags as the PMR....

I have already put well over 1K rounds through my LC9 (bought last April) and my Smith 439-ASP has probably 22K rounds through it(have it since summer of 1980) and has only had the barrel replaced ONCE(you have to love how well made some older guns are!!!)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #19

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:

Good advice. I practice at least that much on all my carry guns and my 12ga HD shotgun.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #20

I sometimes can't go to the range every month, but then other times I'll shoot 100-150 rounds through it. I always try to get as much range time as I can afford in, and try to shoot every gun I have, that way, even if is just my home defense firearm, I am efficient with it.
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Sccy CPX-2
DPMS Oracle AR-15
D'armes de Guerre 25-06
Norinco SKS