The new Ruger forum - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > The new Ruger forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 02:01 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5687 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuapo View Post
So, do the consecutive serial numbers make it more collectible? Or is it just a matter of getting a known good run from the factory? Just curious.
they up the worth a bit especially as the guns get older as a pair, but the main thing to me is just the cool factor especially since mine werent part of a special deal like the cass exclusive guns that are only sold as pairs. consecutives that are normal production guns tend to have a higher premium since its not common to find a pair of production guns like that

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #22

Likes Given: 2

Just picked up the newish Ruger American in 308. Does anyone own one that could give me their opinion?

Pray for Our Military Men and Women

Old 11-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #23

Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
my newest rugers 45colt/45acp consecutive serials

also have a lcp, 22/45, 10/22, and one of their semi auto 44 carbines. the carbine is a 1976 one.
I just sold my 1976 10/22 because my .44 Mag wasnt... (Its a '64 or '65 I think.. wish I could find 10/22 that old...

Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #24

I'm a newbie but own the newish Ruger American in .308.........seems this may be the revolver type forum. Anyway, I will post the sight in stats if anyone is interested. Put the Redfield Revenge Hunter 3x9x42 on her and even though the scope was supposed to be sighted in at 200 yards, could only get 100 out of these dang mountains. Used the Win X Power Point 150 grain. Took the bolt out and just bore sighted to begin with, then (without reading the instructions on the scope) started doping the scope right 6 inches. And after 5 more wasted shots I was off the dang target......well, if all else fails read the T.O. Being used to my last military scope I was doping the scope counter-clockwise instead of clockwise, but got that corrected and ended up with a sub MOA. No wind, 40ish temp, warmed ammo up in the sun. After the last dope to the right, the last five shots were good. Two rounds when through same hole. Dang good Ruger American for 325.00 plus 179.00 for scope.

img_0977.jpg  

Old 11-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDarkness
I'm a newbie but own the newish Ruger American in .308.........seems this may be the revolver type forum. Anyway, I will post the sight in stats if anyone is interested. Put the Redfield Revenge Hunter 3x9x42 on her and even though the scope was supposed to be sighted in at 200 yards, could only get 100 out of these dang mountains. Used the Win X Power Point 150 grain. Took the bolt out and just bore sighted to begin with, then (without reading the instructions on the scope) started doping the scope right 6 inches. And after 5 more wasted shots I was off the dang target......well, if all else fails read the T.O. Being used to my last military scope I was doping the scope counter-clockwise instead of clockwise, but got that corrected and ended up with a sub MOA. No wind, 40ish temp, warmed ammo up in the sun. After the last dope to the right, the last five shots were good. Two rounds when through same hole. Dang good Ruger American for 325.00 plus 179.00 for scope.
I've been thinking of buying this rifle. Where did you find it for $325?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #26

Of all places Wally World......Saw they had one on display for $357.00. They did have a new one in the box so he brought it out. As he was doing my BG check he told me to make sure the weapon was ok. As I was looking it over it had a very minor scratch on the side of the barrel so I asked if the manager would give me a discount, he did give me 10 percent, which was 35 bucks and that made the price right at 322.70. No doubt I grabbed it after all the reviews and youtube vids I had researched. Manu retail is I think $449.00 but another gun store in town sold them for $359.00 but did not have one. They seem to be hardish to find as folks are buying 'em quick. Also, they come in 30.06, .270, .243 but with .308/762.51 ammo in abundant supply I selected the .308. I would bet if a man used some good ammo, he could put 5 shots through the same hole. Did not try the 180 grain as most of the reviews said it liked the 150 stuff. Trigger is 3-5 adjustable and I am on 3.5. Hope you get you one my friend.