Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > New LC9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I recently got an LC9 also. The trigger drove me crazy--my finger slid so far along it as it pulled almost to the grip that I was shooting to the left every shot. So I got a Galloway Precision trigger bar and now I shoot straight and it's much faster. It's only a little less trigger pull but it makes a lot of difference. I decided not to pull the magazine safety out. I was in a situation once where someone (not me) thought they'd cleared the weapon by pulling the magazine out and then they pulled the trigger and found there was a round in the chamber. Indoors. In a steel and glass gas station office (before all gas stations were convenience stores). Scared the #%$! out of both of us and we were just lucky nobody was hurt and no glass was broken. Accidental discharges are no fun. I understand the philosophy of "it can get you killed" as applied to the magazine safety. But taking it out can get you killed too.
Keith

Old 03-27-2014, 12:28 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5244 Times on 2735 Posts
Likes Given: 330

The person who did that needs some training before they hurt someone and shouldn't be carrying fire arms!!

Removing a magazine doesn't safe a gun and shouldn't. Why would anyone pull a gun drop the mag and pull the trigger...??? Stay away from people like that or get them proper gun handling training before they kill someone

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #13

Well, the event occurred 47 years ago and I was using it to illustrate how things can get out of hand before you can react, which is what happened. Just lucky nobody was hurt and no property was damaged. The story is kind of long and involved, so I won't get into it here, but it made an impression on me.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:16 PM   #14
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer View Post
My only real problem with this gun is the takedown pin. You need some kind of small pin/punch to get it out. I wish Ruger would come up with a fix for that, although I have found all kinds of objects that will work in a pinch.

...........hmmm pinch / punch...........hmmm

They sell an "LC series Take down Tool" but I got the Ruger Gun Tool, which has the same # punch...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 03-27-2014, 11:19 PM   #15
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I don't own a LC9 but I have shot several of them. I like the LC9 and the models with adjustable sights are very accurate for such a small gun. A couple weeks ago I sighted in an LC9 for a neighbor. He was complaining about the grip being to small. I tried to show him how to use the trigger guard as part of the grip. He didn't take to it so well. Even though he is holding the gun with both hands he would do just as well to shoot with one hand. He is holding 80% of the gun with his right hand. He cannot grasp the 80% off hand /20% strong hand grip. The result of his grip is any pistol he owns is nothing more than a belly buster.

He needs one or 2 of the Ext. Mags. Adds over an inch of extra Grip.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*