Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ruger Handgun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f175/)
-   -   New LC9 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f175/new-lc9-103206/)

jammer 01-24-2014 02:13 PM

New LC9

I bought a new LC9 w/Lasermax and absolutely love it! I've only ran about 60 rounds through it but it sure handles nice for a "mouse gun". Had a little trouble getting the laser and the sights to match up but after that, great!
Ordered a 9 rd. extended mag., a set of TractionGrips (got these on my SR9C also), and a new Kydex for my White Hat Max Tuck, and I'm set.
Not too crazy about the double action only trigger but am getting used to it.
This is a great carry pistol for super concealment.

DrFootball 02-27-2014 06:38 AM

Congrats, and welcome to Rugers and the LC9. I have Carried one Every Day for the past 22 months.
Good move on the 9rd. Mag, I have 2, but be careful with "jamming it in" too hard, it makes the Magazine Catch loose.
I'm rough on my Carry Guns, and that's the only issue with Ruger DAO Semi's...(also have an SR9)...when inserting the 9 rd. Mag, push it firmly but without banging it in. The Extra grip space is fantastic though...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

adjohns3 03-13-2014 12:14 AM

I have one and LOVE IT. I had trouble with the laser sighting...found someone who knows what he was doing and that always HELPS for sure!!
Can't go wrong with these new beauties!

DrFootball 03-13-2014 10:04 AM

What did you add to yours if anything so far? I have 4 holsters , DeSantis D9 insider, DeSantis Nemisis, Bulldog CellPhone style copy of the Sneaky Pete, and a BlackHawk#3 pocket. Was thinking about the Mitch Rosen for a Shoulder rig for colder weather, but it's about $100, and I have too many holsters already...2 9 rd. Ext. mags., and a Laser Lyte I put on ant take off as I wish. Left the Sights as they were, but may change these for better visibility.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

chloeshooter 03-13-2014 08:33 PM

LC9 has been one of my carry guns for the past month or so. Very concealable and comfortable as well. I don't shoot it at the range much but I know it'll work when I need it to. I like the idea of a 9mm that is so compact yet packs a punch

Pasquanel 03-13-2014 09:21 PM

I have owned mine for a couple of years now maybe a little longer and its my carry piece when at work, it has never had any malfunctions. I find the double action trigger a bit much but you do get used to it. I mounted the LaserLight side mounted laser and I can highly recommend it. Very easy to install and sight in.

thefourthD 03-23-2014 03:12 AM

Have had mine a few years now and love it for my winter carry. Haven't changed a thing on it.
It is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

jammer 03-23-2014 03:01 PM

My only real problem with this gun is the takedown pin. You need some kind of small pin/punch to get it out. I wish Ruger would come up with a fix for that, although I have found all kinds of objects that will work in a pinch.
...........hmmm pinch / punch...........hmmm

JonM 03-23-2014 03:17 PM

took the mag safety and safety lever off the wife's lc9 there is no reason for either and the mag safety can get ya killed. ive trained her to use a handgun by keeping her finger out of the trigger guard until ready to shoot and that long heavy double action pull doesnt need a manual safety. all she has to do is pull the gun and squeeze.

John_Deer 03-23-2014 03:32 PM

I don't own a LC9 but I have shot several of them. I like the LC9 and the models with adjustable sights are very accurate for such a small gun. A couple weeks ago I sighted in an LC9 for a neighbor. He was complaining about the grip being to small. I tried to show him how to use the trigger guard as part of the grip. He didn't take to it so well. Even though he is holding the gun with both hands he would do just as well to shoot with one hand. He is holding 80% of the gun with his right hand. He cannot grasp the 80% off hand /20% strong hand grip. The result of his grip is any pistol he owns is nothing more than a belly buster.