Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Mark III Target Purchased

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Mark III Target Purchased

Seemed like the best choice for an out of the box target pistol for the family, good for practicing basic handgun shooting techniques.

Now, for the 70+ day wait brought to us by the Maryland State Police.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 AM   #2

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6908

Very good choice of guns. You have to wait 70 days to get the gun? I thought the 3 day wait in Illinois was bad...........

Old 05-13-2013, 03:53 AM   #3

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Very good choice of guns. You have to wait 70 days to get the gun? I thought the 3 day wait in Illinois was bad...........
I thought I had it bad for a 10 day wait 70 + is ridiculous.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #4
Concealed Carry Instructor

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Are you a fellon?

Rapest?

Knock off any jewelry stores lately?

Steal candy from a baby?

In two minutes, any one of fifty gov agencies knows if you are naughty or nice, so why the gov BS intrusions into our private lives.

Get busy and run for office. Get your local and state laws changed so you can be a free man again.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #5

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

Get busy and run for office. Get your local and state laws changed so you can be a free man again.
Just move to a gun friendly state. If you all move out, the criminals will all move in

Then the liberals there will reap what they sow!!

Old 05-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.

Liked 950 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 698

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephMD View Post
Seemed like the best choice for an out of the box target pistol for the family, good for practicing basic handgun shooting techniques.

Now, for the 70+ day wait brought to us by the Maryland State Police.
I wonder if you're a victim of a crime during that 70 days, you can sue the State for violation of your rights. That's just crazy.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 05-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #7

Liked 39 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Moving isn't out of the question, just not as easy as it sounds. For now, my West Virginia and Virginia buddies will laugh at me.

The wait is based on the backlog of background check paperwork at the Maryland State Police. MD law has a 7 day waiting period and under MD law, the FFL could turn over the firearm after 7 days if there is no disapproval but they won't have an NICS number, so, as I understand it, they'd run afoul of their federal license.

Funny how they put all "regulated" firearms in the same bucket, like someone is going to go out and buy a Mark III Target for the purpose of committing crimes.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #8

Liked 2175 Times on 1119 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Perhaps in addition to all the other rules and policies Maryland adds to to process, the state should require that all gun sales in include a tube of K-Y to show the buyer how much they care.
Edit:
Sorry for my cynicism.
I'm sure you will enjoy your new purchase. I have a Ruger MK3 Target (blued) as well. It's an excellent pistol.

NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)

Last edited by Overkill0084; 05-13-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #9

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You've got a winner. Got my wife (or so I said) a 22/45 last year to work on her flinch. Lots of fun! Fortunately I ordered several thousand rounds of CCI Mini-Mags when they were affordable and available.

Not the easiest pistol to field strip and clean, but fortunately it doesn't need it often. Mine has run flawlessly with the CCI ammo.

Have fun!

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 05-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #10

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephMD View Post
Seemed like the best choice for an out of the box target pistol for the family, good for practicing basic handgun shooting techniques....
I've had one a while and love it - very solid and not picky about ammo brands. I painted just the back tip of the front white and my accuracy went waaaaay up.