Mark III Hunter
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Mark III Hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 331 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default Mark III Hunter

My LGS has one for $605. It is the Hunter model with the FO front sight and fluted stainless barrel. Ruger lists MSRP at $679. Is the $605 a decent going price? I have the desire for another target .22. I only have a Buckmark right now after trading my 22/45 a few months ago.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2044 Times on 1414 Posts
Likes Given: 1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
My LGS has one for $605. It is the Hunter model with the FO front sight and fluted stainless barrel. Ruger lists MSRP at $679. Is the $605 a decent going price? I have the desire for another target .22. I only have a Buckmark right now after trading my 22/45 a few months ago.
Offer $550 cash and show the money. Settle for 575 out the door. The gun is muzzle heavy, so be sure the balance is good before buying.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

This LGS doesn't negotiate on price atleast not in my experience. He is who I use for all of my reloading equipment but rarely buy a gun. His new prices are a bit high compared to other LGSs I frequent. That is why I came here to ask on this particular gun.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
This LGS doesn't negotiate on price atleast not in my experience. He is who I use for all of my reloading equipment but rarely buy a gun. His new prices are a bit high compared to other LGSs I frequent. That is why I came here to ask on this particular gun.
Then weigh an extra $50 you pay at the shop against the time and gas you burn by going elsewhere, or the risks of buying through the Internet plus shipping and transfer.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:22 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Still haven't bought this but things may have changed. I have decided I'm definately keeping the Buckmark and running that with the iron sights for steel challenge. Now I'm looking for a Ruger Mark III or another Browning Buckmark to set up as a open gun for steel challenge. If a Buckmark I will be either looking for the 7.25" or the 5.5" with the removeable grip panels.

If I were to go with the Ruger I could get the Hunter or a SS 5.5". Which one would be better for putting the optic on? I don't want to get too heavy but the 22/45 is not the way I want to go.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Steel frame would be best. I appreciate the balance more than I do the sight radius in offhand shooting. Especially with a scope, a 5 1/2" barrel is more than enough.

My scoped setup is a TacSol upper on a VQ lower. It is all-alloy because they don't offer it in steel. But I also have a Mark III all-steel 5" with iron sights.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:11 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've got a line on a Mark III stainless model. Basically I'm trying to decide if I need the extra barrel length if I'm putting an optic on. I really don't think so but the Hunter model is cool. I will probably be putting all the Volquartsen goodies in it. The Rugers are easier on the aftermarket stuff. I have a bunch of Browning mags so buying more Ruger mags won't make me real happy.