Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ruger Handgun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f175/)
-   -   magazine disconnect on SR guns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f175/magazine-disconnect-sr-guns-94937/)

jjones45 08-04-2013 03:56 AM

magazine disconnect on SR guns

I heard that these could cause light strikes. Is this true? Haven't shot mine yet so im just asking experienced owners of these fine pistols if this is a rumor. I hear of people removing these but that would void the warranty right? Im not really worried about it as the gun was designed for this and the SR line is doing fairly well. I just never had a gun with this feature. Any comments on this will be appreciated

jjones45 08-04-2013 03:58 AM

I meant a true rumor or false

davva360 08-04-2013 04:06 AM

I have an SR9C that I purchased about 18 months ago. I have about 800 rounds through it without a single misfire or jam of any kind.

So far it has been a very reliable pistol.

readygirl 08-04-2013 04:13 AM

It is true...the first run of the SR line did have short, or weak pin springs. That has long ago been corrected. You can call them with your ser#, and they will tell you if your gun is one of them. They pay shipping both ways for free upgrade. The turnaround has been 7 working days for the ones we have had to send in. The mag safety should not be a factor . If you dont like it, it is very simple to remove. youtube it.. Does not void warranty..

chloeshooter 08-04-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readygirl
It is true...the first run of the SR line did have short, or weak pin springs. That has long ago been corrected. You can call them with your ser#, and they will tell you if your gun is one of them. They pay shipping both ways for free upgrade. The turnaround has been 7 working days for the ones we have had to send in. The mag safety should not be a factor . If you dont like it, it is very simple to remove. youtube it.. Does not void warranty..

Ruger does not have a warranty on their firearms, fyi

Gatoragn 08-04-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeshooter (Post 1325630)
Ruger does not have a warranty on their firearms, fyi

You are correct, sir. Ruger has neither an expressed nor implied warranty, but they are pretty dang good about correcting defects in their products.

jjones45 08-04-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn (Post 1325694)

You are correct, sir. Ruger has neither an expressed nor implied warranty, but they are pretty dang good about correcting defects in their products.

Wow, never knew that. But as long as they stand behind their product I guess it doesn't matter.

readygirl 08-04-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn (Post 1325694)

Thats true, but i have ever had them refuse to take care of a problem, even with guns that are decades old. But we dont send them anything that has obviously been abused, or used for a hammer, etc. They are a pleasure to work with.

jimmyp7162 08-07-2013 02:53 AM

My SR40c didn't have light strikes til almost 200 rounds through it. Once the magazine disconnect came out, no more light strikes....that was 100 rounds ago.

jjones45 08-07-2013 09:33 PM

I just took mine out. I figure its just another part to malfunction. Plus none of my others have this feature. I could just put it back in if I decide to sell it. Wow people weren't lying when they say it was an easy task. Almost like it was made easy for the owners option. Took about 2 minutes total.