Little concerned about my LC9 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Little concerned about my LC9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Update:
Took the gun back to the dealer and they were in disbelief but very willing to help. They sent it in to Ruger for me and 2 days later I got a call from Ruger that get they're going to replace the gun at no charge to me whatsoever. Spoke to the dealer afterward and he says they rarely do that so it must have been quite the issue.
Thanks for all your help. I'm now just waiting on my new gun.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDM
Update: Took the gun back to the dealer and they were in disbelief but very willing to help. They sent it in to Ruger for me and 2 days later I got a call from Ruger that get they're going to replace the gun at no charge to me whatsoever. Spoke to the dealer afterward and he says they rarely do that so it must have been quite the issue. Thanks for all your help. I'm now just waiting on my new gun.
I wonder how common it is for people to have these problems

Old 11-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #13
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3188 Times on 2168 Posts
Likes Given: 695

Quote:
Update:
Took the gun back to the dealer and they were in disbelief but very willing to help. They sent it in to Ruger for me and 2 days later I got a call from Ruger that get they're going to replace the gun at no charge to me whatsoever. Spoke to the dealer afterward and he says they rarely do that so it must have been quite the issue.
Thanks for all your help. I'm now just waiting on my new gun.
Glad to hear once again How Ruger takes care of their customers! I also own an LC9 & a Full size SR9. Also had the 9c for a few months last year but I'm told by the wife that it had to go to buy a new shotgun....(Jk- choice made on my own, but I did excessively buy on that GS spree!!!) I have around 1200 rds. Thru my LC and closer to 1500 thru my SR,..with not a mechanical issue at all.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 11-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Update: Took the gun back to the dealer and they were in disbelief but very willing to help. They sent it in to Ruger for me and 2 days later I got a call from Ruger that get they're going to replace the gun at no charge to me whatsoever. Spoke to the dealer afterward and he says they rarely do that so it must have been quite the issue. Thanks for all your help. I'm now just waiting on my new gun.
Rugers Costomer service had always ranked #1. It's a big reason I'm a Ruger fan. I had an SR22 with a failure to feed problem. Sent it in, no cost to me, but came back with a failure to fire problem. Sent it back into Ruger, again no cost, and will be receiving a replacement any day now.
I have never had a problem with my "older" Rugers. I also have an LC9 and 4 LCPs. So far have had no problems.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #15

Liked 1987 Times on 1263 Posts
Likes Given: 1081

I love Rugers. I've had a few. I currently own more Rugers than any other make. Their customer service can't be beat.
People will always bring up their recent recalls but Ruger always does issue a recall if needed and does their best to make the customer happy.
In my research (and I've posted sources here before) the 2 most recalled brands are Remington and S&W.
This does not mean they are sub standard, it's just that they've made millions upon millions of guns over the years. It's bound to happen. It takes time to work out the bugs on new models of anything wether guns, cars, or baby strollers.
Take the new one out and give it your worst. Hopefully it will perform better than the original.

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
You do the math.

MoHawk Likes This