LCP vs. LC9 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > LCP vs. LC9

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,132
Liked 1592 Times on 1089 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Default

If you already have a gun you are comfortable carrying I would get an LCP. A pocket pistol is very handy to have. I have several larger pistols but I carry my P-3AT in my pocket most of the time. Once you get the LCP broke in you will carry it a lot and shoot it a little.

__________________

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danolator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 630
Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

I now have both as I recently picked up another LCP. They both pocket carry well. The LCP fits nicely in my mountain bike seat pouch. Follow Ruger's advice on the LCP: fire only factory loads and change out the takedown pin, guide rod, and spring after the first 500 rounds. The guide rod & spring are cheap & $cheap BTW.

__________________
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. My rod is a GLOCK and it comforts me
danolator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDaggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Solvang
Posts: 982
Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

I love my LC9. It's extremely concealable yet relatively comfortable to shoot, the safety is exactly how it should be (stiff engage, easy disengage), plenty accurate for its size and intended application. The trigger is long and mushy but that's kind of to be expected on a DAO pocket pistol.
I don't think a modest increase in conceal ability is worth the loss of power and shootability in an LCP.

__________________

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

TheDaggle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 891
Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

I agree the LC9 is the better choice!! Ammo is a little higher, outside of that, more gun in the same package

__________________
mahall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #15
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,715
Liked 3167 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle
I love my LC9. It's extremely concealable yet relatively comfortable to shoot, the safety is exactly how it should be (stiff engage, easy disengage), plenty accurate for its size and intended application. The trigger is long and mushy but that's kind of to be expected on a DAO pocket pistol.
I don't think a modest increase in conceal ability is worth the loss of power and shootability in an LCP.
Trigger gets better after 500 rds...(at least mine has). So far just under 700 altogether through it. Again,..the LC9's only FTF has been with JHP's for SD/HD....just feed it FMJ's and it will shoot all day.....
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:40 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDaggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Solvang
Posts: 982
Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Trigger gets better after 500 rds...(at least mine has). So far just under 700 altogether through it. Again,..the LC9's only FTF has been with JHP's for SD/HD....just feed it FMJ's and it will shoot all day.....
I'm not sure I've hit 500 yet but you're right, the trigger has gotten lighter and smoother. It might have been placebo but I felt that removing the magazine disconnect helped, too. The only thing I'd change now is how long it is but that's kind of an expensive mod.
__________________

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

TheDaggle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 891
Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

15 feet and in with the LCP! If your not comfortable with that, don't bother buying!! I'm not a sharp shooter, but outside 15 feet, my accuracy declined sharply?? So it is, what it is!! A small compact pistil that can be concealed wearing about anything!! And would probably be adequate enough to save your life within a 15 foot radius! Comfortable carry goes a long way with me! I am going to start shopping for the LC9!! Price for LC9, anyone?? New and used !!

__________________
mahall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:24 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDaggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Solvang
Posts: 982
Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
15 feet and in with the LCP! If your not comfortable with that, don't bother buying!! I'm not a sharp shooter, but outside 15 feet, my accuracy declined sharply?? So it is, what it is!! A small compact pistil that can be concealed wearing about anything!! And would probably be adequate enough to save your life within a 15 foot radius! Comfortable carry goes a long way with me! I am going to start shopping for the LC9!! Price for LC9, anyone?? New and used !!
I think mine was $329, but this was February of last year. Could be more in today's climate.
__________________

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

TheDaggle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:42 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 891
Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

New? Jeez I gave more than that for my LCP-

__________________
mahall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDaggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Solvang
Posts: 982
Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
New? Jeez I gave more than that for my LCP-
Yeah, I think my LGS cut me a deep discount on principle. IIRC he was originally quoting me $379. I called another shop to see what they could do, they wanted $439. I told them my LGS could do it for $379 and asked if he could flex a little on the price, he said, "Then go buy from him!"
When I told my LGS he basically said, 'Wow, what a dick. Tell you what, forget $379, we're gonna do $329. Screw that guy.'
__________________

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

TheDaggle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes