Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > LCP vs. LC9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default LCP vs. LC9

I currently own an Sr9 but I'm looking for a smaller ccw Ruger. The prices are similar so I'm not too worried about that, I just wonder if the weight of the LCP is too small and if the LC9 is more comfortable. I do like the extra round that the LC9 carries. Any thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2013, 03:08 AM   #2

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Both are great choices for CCW I carried a LC9 for over a year until I sold it to my brother. The 9mm is better than the .380 and you get an extra round and a slightly bigger gun that makes shooting easier while still very concealable.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:11 AM   #3

Kinda what I was thinking about both guns, appreciate the help brother

Old 04-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #4

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Plus you already have a 9mm SR9 so 2 guns 1 caliber of ammo.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:17 AM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

An lcp bit me once, I don't trust the little buggers. It was the chamber too. But seriously, if you have larger hands, it will get you. Try the lc9.

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #6

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I had the LCP. Too small & inaccurate except very short distances. But hey, it's a bug. I pocket carry my LC9 quite often. It is accurate at reasonable distances and packs a better whallop.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:56 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 298 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I had the LC9 for awhile and never really loved it. Long trigger and it didn't fill out my hands well. I have a S&W 9c now that has a better trigger and feels like it was made for me.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:59 AM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 3 Posts

I carry the LC9 daily, and love it. It fits my hand nice, but that's a personal call. I would definitely shoot it if you can. The long trigger pull is alive it or hate it relationship. I love it, because I KNOW I meant to pull, no quick double fire on reflex. Others may disagree. It's worth it to put a few rounds through one if you can. It may make your decision for you either way. Good luck!

Old 05-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #9

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Those who have carried both for everyday carry!! Is there a big difference in quality of concealment!! Clothes, comfort, printing?? I carry the LCP but thinking the 9mm big brother might be just as easy to carry!! I live in So. fL so light summer clothing always has to be part of the decision!! Thoughts please!

Old 05-22-2013, 04:44 AM   #10
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2707 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 542

I have small meaty hands, and the LC9 bit me the first time I shot it,..but I got used to it through Practice! Well over 600 Rds through mine now with only 1 FTF. Same reason I play Gibson Guitars & not Fender, as they aren't for small hands. OP,..I also own an SR9, and DW has 2 Ruger Wheel Guns(one she bought and one was my late Dad's Duty gun until his job went to Autoloaders).
It does take a little getting used to, but I have a chopped Smith that has almost the same wt.
I use 2 Holsters, the Blackhawk Pocket size 3(also fits the LC380 & LCP) for my man purse, and an Desantis Insider when I wear Pants with a belt...it's about the same size as a Walther PPK so I imagine that unless you get yours with a Crimson Trace pre-mounted it will fit most compact concealable holsters. I'm putting a Laser Lyte on mine, since it mounts in the slide and not infront of the Trigger Guard..

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*