LCP & LC9 Polish Jobs
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > LCP & LC9 Polish Jobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default LCP & LC9 Polish Jobs

I am thinking about polishing the feed ramps on these guns. Has anyone done this? What other parts would you polish?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Polish

I hear from so many folks not to do this on these guns, so the only thing I added to mine was a new rear sight and a frame mounted Laser Lyte. I think the trigger on mine(LC9) is smoother then the LCP's and the LC380 I have shot. If I were to do anything else I'd add some checkering on the front of the triggerguard and some extra cuts in the slide. I Also think this class of guns is too small for an optical sight. But that's just me.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 08-21-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #3

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

If it run OK why would you want to polish the feed ramps ? If its not broke don't try to fix it .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 08-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #4

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The LCP is probably good to go. I've had a couple FTF's with the LC9 HP rounds. Don't carry HP in the .380, but do in the 9mm. I pocket carry the LC9 almost every day during the summer and have to trust it to chamber a round every single time. I will say both times this happened was when loading the first round. Since I carry that gun with a round chambered, I'm only a little concerned. Also, this happened with Hornady Critical Defense ammo. Hasn't happened with Federal Hydrashok. I don't use that Hornady ammo in any of my guns anymore. They make one h$ll of a rifle ammo!

Old 08-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I had the same issue with Hornady CDs. I only have about 100 hundred rounds thru it and had issues with the first round chambering correctly. Maybe I was feathering when racking the slide but I don't anymore, I let it slide. Rack the slide fast the first round with the Hornady's and they won't hang up. I shot a full mag of the Hornady's CDs and they all feed and shot fine.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #6

I've had the same problem with the first round chambering on my lc9. I carry with hornady critical defense amo. Never had a problem at the range with regular fmj amo. I'm thinking it has something to do with the shape of the bullet. I'm gonna try a different kind of pd amo the next chance i get. Right now it's hard to find in my area.