LC9 Trigger update - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > LC9 Trigger update

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Your story sounds just like mine. I am a huge Ruger fan, and I bought both an LCR and an LC9. Both triggers are awful. I have a bigger problem with the 9. I almost traded it in for an XDs. I will keep it and see if I can shoot it better.
Can you tell me where you got the trigger kit for the gun. I may have to do that in the fall. It will be cheaper than an XDs.

__________________
trainman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
anm2_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 457
Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Your story sounds just like mine. I am a huge Ruger fan, and I bought both an LCR and an LC9. Both triggers are awful. I have a bigger problem with the 9. I almost traded it in for an XDs. I will keep it and see if I can shoot it better.
Can you tell me where you got the trigger kit for the gun. I may have to do that in the fall. It will be cheaper than an XDs.
I bought it from Galloway http://gallowayprecision.com/home.php


In fact they advertise on this forum.
__________________
anm2_man is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #13
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,712
Liked 3165 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default

I didn't do the Galloway YET,. I had my Ruger Certified Smith clean it up a bit,..It's Much Better then it was out of the Box,..plus mine is Broken in now,..close to 1500 Rds. on it in just over 2 Years,...I think My Pull Is well under 5Lbs now. It was Prob. 8-9Lbs when I got it....The Orig. trigger stock also makes a Left pull or a trigger jerk more noticeable.......


Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
anm2_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 457
Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I didn't do the Galloway YET,. I had my Ruger Certified Smith clean it up a bit,..It's Much Better then it was out of the Box,..plus mine is Broken in now,..close to 1500 Rds. on it in just over 2 Years,...I think My Pull Is well under 5Lbs now. It was Prob. 8-9Lbs when I got it....The Orig. trigger stock also makes a Left pull or a trigger jerk more noticeable.......


Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
Congrats ! I had the Factory Trigger worked on by a certified Ruger Armorer about a year after I got the gun. Instantly, I had improved groups. Now at 10yds and in my groups are less then 2" and at 12 ft(4 yds ) I can put them anywhere I want( even play tic tac toe on the targets)....
I did try different recoil springs, and eventually put an exact replacement (#16) Spring back in, even though the orig. Is fine( changed at 1400 rds) I have about 1600 rds. Through mine now (26 months). I'm proud of the fact that I have never had to Draw it yet in the two years and two months I have owned it. It's in a Fobus nightstand mounted holster at night, and daytime resides in one of 4 holsters: Owb- Mitch Rosen dual cant, Iwb DeSantis Insider, and pocket, either the Blackhawk#3 or the DeSantis Nemesis...



You said this b4 - we want to know which Ruger Certified Smith worked on your LC9 ??????
__________________
anm2_man is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #15
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,712
Liked 3165 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default LC9 Trigger update

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
Congrats ! I had the Factory Trigger worked on by a certified Ruger Armorer about a year after I got the gun. Instantly, I had improved groups. Now at 10yds and in my groups are less then 2" and at 12 ft(4 yds ) I can put them anywhere I want( even play tic tac toe on the targets)....

I did try different recoil springs, and eventually put an exact replacement (#16) Spring back in, even though the orig. Is fine( changed at 1400 rds) I have about 1600 rds. Through mine now (26 months). I'm proud of the fact that I have never had to Draw it yet in the two years and two months I have owned it. It's in a Fobus nightstand mounted holster at night, and daytime resides in one of 4 holsters: Owb- Mitch Rosen dual cant, Iwb DeSantis Insider, and pocket, either the Blackhawk#3 or the DeSantis Nemesis...







You said this b4 - we want to know which Ruger Certified Smith worked on your LC9 ??????


A local guy to me. He goes by the nickname "The Greek" in SASS. He does single action work as well. Know him about a year and a half now. Uses his ranch just north of town on the way up to Sedona (Peach springs)just past the oak creek AzFG Fish hatchery. For a SASS match here once a year. If you need his number I'll get it for you and PM it to you,..he's a naturalized Greek American, and he was an Air Force Small Arms Armorer...I know he has at least 3 FFL's...he also did the Trigger on my Wife's SP101 and the Blackhawk that was my Uncles' that she has been shooting as well...
Amn2: I think he goes to Big Sandy. He has a Thompson under his NFA that I know about,..could have other stuff,..if we come, and I hope we do this time, I'll see if he's coming so we can introduce each other...
When we went to his SASS match with my friend a HS Asst. Principal and his kids, he introduced us to Gene Pearcy,..
Edit: we ordered two Galloway's anyway,..one is for an LC380 belonging to an older friend, and the other is for mine,..but I'm in no rush to have it put in, I'm working on other projects. I may have My other Smith at the pawn shop or my guy at the Range shop do,it,..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-11-2014 at 10:17 AM.
DrFootball is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
anm2_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 457
Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Sadly I have to report a problem with my LC9. When I first got it, I had a difficult time getting it on paper @ 10'. I really thought because of the long trigger pull, was forcing me to hold the gun down and that was why I had problems getting the gun to shoot on target.

Well after taking it to the range 2 times, it shoots low by 12" and to the left by 5" with the iron sites @ 10' ? With the iron sites there is no elevation adjustment. Looks like I'm going to have to remove all of the upgrades and replace them with the original Ruger components and return it ot Ruger. Unless somebody has another Idea ?

__________________
anm2_man is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #17
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,712
Liked 3165 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default

After you replace the up grades with the originals try shooting again. Could you be just pulling it low? At 4 Yards(12 ft) I can put any rounds anywhere on target. Your experienced so I don't think your pulling it low or jerking the trigger...


Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
anm2_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 457
Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
After you replace the up grades with the originals try shooting again. Could you be just pulling it low? At 4 Yards(12 ft) I can put any rounds anywhere on target. Your experienced so I don't think your pulling it low or jerking the trigger...


Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk
Well it may not be as bad as I stated. It seems alot of people have had problems with this gun shooting low and left. It just could be a shooter problem. I'll will post when I test it again using the suggestions from the Ruger Forum.
__________________
anm2_man is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:17 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LoniJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Elizabeth, Louisiana
Posts: 130
Liked 89 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
Well it may not be as bad as I stated. It seems alot of people have had problems with this gun shooting low and left. It just could be a shooter problem. I'll will post when I test it again using the suggestions from the Ruger Forum.
I was doing the same thing, but I found 2 things I was doing. First, even though the pull is long, I was taking way too long to pull the trigger. I would have a lot of "wobble" and lose my sight on the target. Second, I noticed that I didn't keep my sights lined up properly. I've got almost 500 rounds through mine. I'm faster on the trigger, but still smooth; I just have learned where the trigger fires. I don't have any trouble hitting the target now.
__________________

"We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. " Kay, MIB

"Love your enemies. It makes them so darned mad." P.D. East

LoniJo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Thanks for the observations. I will try this.

__________________
trainman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Update on my AR Trigger issue.... RevJammer AR-15 Discussion 11 09-14-2013 02:29 AM
update on att mountainman13 Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 09-08-2012 04:01 PM
ALG Defence, ACT ALG Combat Trigger QMS Quality Milspec Trigger. AgentTikki AR-15 Discussion 11 06-09-2012 06:07 PM
Kahr trigger vs. Glock trigger CHLChris Semi-Auto Handguns 0 07-25-2009 11:58 PM