LC9 Range Time - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > LC9 Range Time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

No. No shooting today. Maybe tomorrow, but it's also the Toys for Tots ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 11-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #32
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1016 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 520

Had my 12 year old grandson over for a little shooting this afternoon started him off with a 22 revolver, worked with him on safety and basic operation it was a great time. I also let him try my LC-9 and the PX-4 subcompact but I suspect the recoil is a bit stiff for him yet.
I did run a 100+ through the LC-9 with the 20# spring set with no issues whatsoever in retrospect I'm not sure how much it reduces the felt recoil but it does some.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #33
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel
Had my 12 year old grandson over for a little shooting this afternoon started him off with a 22 revolver, worked with him on safety and basic operation it was a great time. I also let him try my LC-9 and the PX-4 subcompact but I suspect the recoil is a bit stiff for him yet. I did run a 100+ through the LC-9 with the 20# spring set with no issues whatsoever in retrospect I'm not sure how much it reduces the felt recoil but it does some.
Thx for the Update!! Which Ammo if you don't Mind me asking? Reason Being, The Manual says to not make a habit of using "+P" rounds, so mostly I run Ball through mine. I do have a few SD rounds that seem to work with regularity, and some that Cause FTF's by the 3rd or 4th round. My LC is the Smallest "Full Sized ammo" Gun I have, my Preference being for Guns with 4" tubes or longer,..
But When I Went to Buy The SR9 and Saw the Little LC near it I said "Built In Family!!!!" No all kidding aside, I'm confident in the Platform, As I Am with the Caliber......Lots of folks have issues with Winchester WB ammo. I have never, except for some extra Cleaning.......

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
MoHawk Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #34
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1016 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Thx for the Update!! Which Ammo if you don't Mind me asking? Reason Being, The Manual says to not make a habit of using "+P" rounds, so mostly I run Ball through mine. I do have a few SD rounds that seem to work with regularity, and some that Cause FTF's by the 3rd or 4th round. My LC is the Smallest "Full Sized ammo" Gun I have, my Preference being for Guns with 4" tubes or longer,..
But When I Went to Buy The SR9 and Saw the Little LC near it I said "Built In Family!!!!" No all kidding aside, I'm confident in the Platform, As I Am with the Caliber......Lots of folks have issues with Winchester WB ammo. I have never, except for some extra Cleaning.......
Critical duty when cc but today was mostly some bulk re-manufactured stuff I bought for practice and some Federal fmj 115 gr.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel
Critical duty when cc but today was mostly some bulk re-manufactured stuff I bought for practice and some Federal fmj 115 gr.
Thanks! I have the Critical Def., and Just Got Some Federals recently(both the Hydra Shocks and the Ball)...I tend to shy away from Remanufactured stuff...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #36

We went looking today. She held my LC9 with the Hogue grip sleeve, she held a naked one as well. Also an SR22 and an LCR22. She doesn't like the revolver. Of the others, I don't care what she gets. We are going to shoot my LC9 ASAP

Quote:
Quote:

www.loryno.com

Old 11-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk
We went looking today. She held my LC9 with the Hogue grip sleeve, she held a naked one as well. Also an SR22 and an LCR22. She doesn't like the revolver. Of the others, I don't care what she gets. We are going to shoot my LC9 ASAP
I actually Want the Grip sleeve for mine! I removed the Laser Lyte for the time being. If I'm gonna Bring it to my Smith to put in the Galloway springs, no need for me to leave the laser on it. I find I'm more comfortable with the fingergrip ext. or the 9 rd. mags in, then the flat bottom 7 rounder. Went into the Pawn-GS today to grab some more Federal-Am. Eagle 22's, and he asked me to clear my LC9 to show the difference between the three of them(LC9, LCP, & LC380) to another customer, who was buying a 380 for his wife. She was all like" I'mma handle ANYTHING I Put in my hand! I've shot his 45(pointing to her husband). I said "this jumps a Bit because of it's size" she went to the "Bullet Trap" room with my man Rob(one of the owners), and came back "maybe not the 9 Honey....." Yup,..maybe not for u Hon.(I kept that to myself). She went with the LC380. Smart choice...

Old 11-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I actually Want the Grip sleeve for mine! I removed the Laser Lyte for the time being. If I'm gonna Bring it to my Smith to put in the Galloway springs, no need for me to leave the laser on it. I find I'm more comfortable with the fingergrip ext. or the 9 rd. mags in, then the flat bottom 7 rounder. Went into the Pawn-GS today to grab some more Federal-Am. Eagle 22's, and he asked me to clear my LC9 to show the difference between the three of them(LC9, LCP, & LC380) to another customer, who was buying a 380 for his wife. She was all like" I'mma handle ANYTHING I Put in my hand! I've shot his 45(pointing to her husband). I said "this jumps a Bit because of it's size" she went to the "Bullet Trap" room with my man Rob(one of the owners), and came back "maybe not the 9 Honey....." Yup,..maybe not for u Hon.(I kept that to myself). She went with the LC380. Smart choice...

LOL. 9rd Magazine for the LC9?! I WANT! The grip sleeve was like $8. Only think I recommend is heat it up in boiling water to get it stretchy before you try to put it on.

Quote:
Quote:

www.loryno.com

Old 11-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk
LOL. 9rd Magazine for the LC9?! I WANT! The grip sleeve was like $8. Only think I recommend is heat it up in boiling water to get it stretchy before you try to put it on.
ShopRuger.com for extra mags,7 &9 rd., specific holsters, and other LC 9 related stuff( for all Rugers actually, I get plenty of extras from them for all of mine. Even CDNN doesn't have the 9 rounders in stock, but they have a 10 round LCP mag....

Old 11-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #40

I may have to purchase one or two. Also, what do you know about cerakote?

Quote:
Quote:

www.loryno.com