LC9 Project. SLOW

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > LC9 Project. SLOW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Default LC9 Project. SLOW

I've decided that I LOVE my LC9. However, I want to make her the best she can be. So, I have ordered a few parts for it.

I just ordered the Galloway Precision 20 lbs recoil spring to replace the stock 16 lbs spring. I also ordered the stainless steel guide rod to replace the factory plastic one.

The installation was fairly straightforward and I look forward to taking her to the range to see how she operates.

I am poor, so I haven't been able to order everything I want yet, but I plan to soon. I will be ordering the RTK Trigger and the support parts from Galloway soon.

Other mods: Hogue Grip Sleeve.

That's it. I carry her 99% of the time in a Keyhole Holsters Kydex IWB. I like Keyhole Holsters because they are Veteran Owned and Made In America. I carry 50gr Civil Defense rounds by Liberty Ammo. I have a few other ammo choices at home, but I like these the best so far.

a11.jpg   a12.jpg   a13.jpg   a14.jpg   a15.jpg  

a16.jpg  

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Last edited by MoHawk; 11-02-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #2

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Williams Fire Sights. Not Tritium (I wish), but the Fiber Optic sights damn near glow in the dark. I turned all the lights out and they were still bright. They amplified ANY ambient light such as the charge indicator light on the computer and the clock on the DVR. Leaps and bounds better than stock. And WAY better during the day!

ruger.jpg  

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com
chloeshooter Likes This 
Old 02-27-2014, 07:41 AM   #3
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

MoHawk: nice Sights! A def. Improvement over stock. No ext. 9 Rd. Mag yet? I have 2 now,...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7815 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9843

Bear with me as I am still learning.........you made the trigger pull heavier?

Old 02-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #5

I think I mentioned that I got 3 diff. Springs, and wound up putting in the Replacement #16...although my Smith pal said the orig. One is still good.

Winds: some folks like a heavier Trigger. I have a 4 Lb. Pull (in SA) on both My Taurus PT92 and my Beretta...
A heavier trigger is desired by some for SD/HD as an added safety...Ask Balota since he competes. I have not shot in a match of any sort since 1999(except for practice runs in Rimfire)..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #6

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1393502159.648210.jpg

Ruger's 9 Rd. Ext. Mag for the LC9. Some notes on this. If you have small hands this may not be for you. My hands aren't Big by my standards, but I have thick fingers, so these work for me even better the the 7 rd. With pinky rest. As I mentioned somewhere else, do not SLAM these in hard. Too many time doing that causes your mag catch to loosen and the mag won't stay in. The springs on these are even Tighter then the 7's also. Load and unload them a few times and it gets better, to the point that I don't need A loader like I do with double stacks and hi-Caps...
(Photo thanks to Ruger's website since my pic of the mag was too blurry...)

Old 03-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #7

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

While I like the LC9, the stock trigger may be one of the worst I have ever pulled! Whats with the half-inch of travel before you start getting resistance anyway?!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 03-02-2014, 11:48 PM   #8

Big Byrd: mine was never "Slack" to begin with, maybe the one you tried was a Lemon, it happens. By and large, their CS is the best in the Biz. My LC9 is 2 years old in about 6 weeks, and is over 1500 rounds( anyone who says they don't practice with their "Carry Gun" my get a nasty surprise one day....)...

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-02-2014 at 11:51 PM.
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 03-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #9

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Big Byrd: mine was never "Slack" to begin with, maybe the one you tried was a Lemon, it happens. By and large, their CS is the best in the Biz. My LC9 is 2 years old in about 6 weeks, and is over 1500 rounds( anyone who says they don't practice with their "Carry Gun" my get a nasty surprise one day....

Interesting I just figured thats how it was made. I will have to pick up a few more and compare them I guess!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 03-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #10

If you weren't 1400+ miles away from me I'd tell you you could try mine.....I did change springs, but it's the same tension as the Orig. And I take my laser Lyte on and off as I please....

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-02-2014 at 11:59 PM.