Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > LC9 mag issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default LC9 mag issues

My wife has a new LC9. We went to the range today and it performed fine with the (extended pinky) made in Italy magazine the pistol came with. But, the Ruger branded flush fit (USA made) we bought as an extra had issues.

After firing a round and the slide racks itself it would release the magazine. And we were careful to make sure we weren't inadvertently hitting the mag release button while shooting. Anyone know anything about this type of issue?

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #2

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Contact CS at Prescott. Haven't had it happen on my dad's lc9.
Hate to ask, the mags can be a pain to seat sometimes, you're sure it seated?

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 05-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #3

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have all Ruger factory magazines and have experienced this myself. You gotta give them a little extra punch when seating them. They'll break in after a while.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 719 Posts
Likes Given: 1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
I have all Ruger factory magazines and have experienced this myself. You gotta give them a little extra punch when seating them. They'll break in after a while.
This^^^^^^ and its easy enough to drop a mag gripping it to hard . I had my wife experience this .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 05-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2700 Times on 1854 Posts
Likes Given: 542

Default LC9 Mag Issues?? Really!!

The only issue i have is getting the new 9 Rounders! I have 5 7 rounders, three with Ext. & two Flush. It's One of my 2 CC pieces(the Other being a 30yr old Smith 39/439 with mods from ASP, Inc. It was a 20th B-day present from my Dad, was my ankle gun from Cent. Am in 80/81 to desert storm..)

600+ rds(another 72 through it today) with no issues with Mags., no Jams...(wish i can say that for the 2 Smiths..Only My Beretta & Taurus 92's as as smooth and trouble free as my Rugers!!)

If your here in Az. and you want personal service look up the ruger dealers list...I guess you can do that if your anywhere! My guy is in Prescott also,..but plenty of delears through out the SW-USA...

Dr. Bill(Dr Football)
US ARMY Ret./Med.)
NSDQ

"there are Pilots, then there are ARMY pilots…"

"All of my heroes wear uniforms. Some even wear BLACKflight suits..."

The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment: NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT!!

Old 05-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 3 Posts

I've put just over a thousand rounds through mine, and not a single misfire gotta love the reliability. All my mags are factory Ruger. They DID seat a little funky at first if you didn't slap them in with a firm push. Did you swap to a different ammo and give it a try?

Old 05-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #7

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedibiker View Post
I've put just over a thousand rounds through mine, and not a single misfire gotta love the reliability. All my mags are factory Ruger. They DID seat a little funky at first if you didn't slap them in with a firm push. Did you swap to a different ammo and give it a try?
Yes...three types. To be fair, we haven't been out enough lately. Need to give the mags a chance.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.