Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Lc9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 01:48 AM   #1
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 772 Times on 356 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Default Lc9

I mounted one of LaserLite's side mounted laser on my LC9 close to a year ago and have checked it regularly for function but not for accuracy. I have one of those metal swinging targets with four lower targets and the upper one resets it so last evening I decided to use the laser rather than the sights and to my delight even after hundreds of rounds fired it was still dead on! I was shooting at 30 feet and the targets are about 4" in diameter. I know many of you don't care for lasers and in the beginning I saw them more of a deterrent than an actual aid but now I'm quite impressed. Has anyone here tried one of these and what are your thoughts?

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #2

Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts

I don't have any experience with one but for my mileage if I find something that works for me I don't need to hear anyone out. I personally haven't switched to laser primarily due to added cost but I also like keeping the weight of my sidearm at bare minimum. Also, I am a big fan of the serpa holster I have and most lasers would not fit in it. All that said, if it works practice the hell out of it and enjoy!!! Just be sure you are alternating or at least periodically practicing with the irons in case batteries crap out...

Old 10-31-2012, 01:24 AM   #3
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 772 Times on 356 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werminator View Post
I don't have any experience with one but for my mileage if I find something that works for me I don't need to hear anyone out. I personally haven't switched to laser primarily due to added cost but I also like keeping the weight of my sidearm at bare minimum. Also, I am a big fan of the serpa holster I have and most lasers would not fit in it. All that said, if it works practice the hell out of it and enjoy!!! Just be sure you are alternating or at least periodically practicing with the irons in case batteries crap out...
As far as the weight its so negligible you couldn't tell blindfolded and because of how it mounts it still fits in almost any holster.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.