Kudos to Ruger customer service
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Kudos to Ruger customer service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2034 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default Kudos to Ruger customer service

I think the guide rod/spring on y SR 40 may be a bit too tight. It takes gorilla-like force to pull the slide back and I'm a big guy who's plenty strong. It seems harder than other SR 40s I have handled since my purchase and I get the occasional failure to eject which I believe is due to weak ammo ( ie a 'dud')not having the 'umph' to push the slide back

I called Ruger after owning this gun for over a year to discuss. We went over everything I have tried, and without being asked they volunteered to send a new guide rod/spring assembly, no charge

I don't need a lot of customer service on guns I have purchased. When I do, it is nice to know I purchased my firearm from somebody that gives a sh*t about keeping my business. I own the SR 40, SR22 and also a 10/22. Based on this experience, when I get around to getting a 1911 I expect it will be a Ruger!

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2556 Times on 1249 Posts
Likes Given: 1285

Shooter,

That is fantastic.
I recently had a similar situation with Remington Customer Service.
When I pulled you Remington 700 CDL 7MM Rem. Mag. Out of the case the first of December to head to Texas hunting. I boy did I have a shock!
Evidently, I somehow got solvent or something on the nice Butt Pad on the rifle. As I pulled it from the gun case the foam liner and the butt pad were stuck (Melted) together! OH NO! Plus some other verbal comments!
The chemicals or what ever, had melted the Butt Pad and they were stuck together and the But Pad was deteriorated considerably in the area of whatever was on it. I was very upset to say the least because I am usually very cautious with my weapons. Anyway, I contacted Remington Customer Service to find out what Butt Pad it came with from the factory since I wanted to keep it as it was and the Butt Pad was very nice! After a short discussion with the representative. He advise he knew which Pad I had on the 700 CDL and also they had produced an advanced Pad that better and was coming out on all the new CDL rifles. I then asked him what was the cost of the new Pad. He politely advised, you were very truthful about what you thought happened to the existing Pad and I am going to send you one of the improved Butt Pads at no cost! Hope you like it! And he advised me thank you for being a valued Remington customer. I got the new Pad and I did not even have to fit it to the stock it fit perfectly! Very seldom ever happens! WOW! So I can appreciate your experience with Ruger. They just bought both of our loyalty for the future! Good Customer Service and just plain Good Business!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 01-16-2014, 02:24 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well the issue is not the guide rod spring, so, off to Ruger she went yesterday via FedEx (Ruger emailed me the shipping label)

I expect the issue whatever it is to get resolved. Again, these folks have been great to work with and I expect in the end I will have a dependable firearm

Old 01-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #4

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I agree. I had timing issues with my LCR. They "fixed" it once at no charge. However, it still wasn't perfect. So, as an apology and in an attempt to make it right, they sent it to their performance shop and re-timed it, lightened the trigger and put fiber optic sights on it. Ran flawlessly after that. There is a reason I continue to purchase firearms made by Ruger.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com
People Like This 
Old 01-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I got the Ruger back. Bad news. After replacing the extractor and polishing the barrel, what I have now is a handgun that still jammed 4 times out of 50 with factory loads and now has lost a great deal of accuracy!

This goes back to Ruger, again, this afternoon. I have enclosed a note letting them know I will be needing a replacement at this point. I think I got a lemon. We'll see if they honor my request or send this same under-performer back............

Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #6

Liked 1130 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I got the Ruger back. Bad news. After replacing the extractor and polishing the barrel, what I have now is a handgun that still jammed 4 times out of 50 with factory loads and now has lost a great deal of accuracy!

This goes back to Ruger, again, this afternoon. I have enclosed a note letting them know I will be needing a replacement at this point. I think I got a lemon. We'll see if they honor my request or send this same under-performer back............
I would think that after they have had the gun a couple times they would run 3-4 mags thru it to make sure it did not have any more problem. Guess not

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens