Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Just picked up the SR22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Thanks....I generally take all Rimfire ammo to Produce more "Fouling" then centerfire,...so I basically clean the 22's Before & After each range session. Good thing is I only bought one brick...Better thing is we have 7 Other Bricks, incl. 2 of Auto Match...plus 200+ of them loose....After the Next Session they'll Be used up,...so we'll be back on Either Winchester Super X's Or The Federal RN's... Also have a few of the Sniper Sub Sonics, so I can Rent their suppressed 22 as well.
true. But from others' experiences I am apt to believe that the thunderbolts are a bit dirtier than most. They specify NOT to shoot copper plated ammo immediately after thunderbolts until the barrel is cleaned. There must be a reason for the caveat.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 10-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #22
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2787 Times on 1916 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Well,...We only wound up shooting 100 of them,..but no duds....(yet) and I cleaned all 3 of the 22's that went with us,..Her Buckmark, My 22/45, and the 702.....
Spent a few Hrs. Last night cleaning them,..and the 5 Centerfires we brought out(3 9's & 2 38/357's) all cleaned with Frog Lube,.."Bore Snaked"(the 702), and used Pro Shot on the 22's as well as on the Cyl. of the Wife's SP101 and LCR(residue stains on the outside of the cyl. just behind the Barrel....) Also shot a limited amt. of Ball & SD through my EDC 9,..the Ruger LC9.
My Wife's GF who Tags along with us Mostly to Shoot Archery was with us the last 20 or so Mins. On the Gun Side of the Range,
and had one of my spare Muffs on and after I shot a Mag through my BHP(13 Rd. std) She was Like "WHAT THE F$%# was THAT?(same thing the Couple shooting said last Trip when I had the 12 Ga.) so she Got My Clint Eastwood Line from Heartbreak Ridge " That,..is a Browning Hi-Power 9mm Semi Automatic pistol. It makes a distinctive sound when fired, I consider it the Sound of Freedom......"
Generally I only clean the Large Bore Long Guns after they are used,..Everything else gets cleaned & lubed at least 2X a month.....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 10-26-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 762 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 786

I

have a lot of fun with mine, and it shoots everything I give it so far.
I dont like thunderbolts, they have too soft leading problems.

Jim

Old 10-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux
I

have a lot of fun with mine, and it shoots everything I give it so far.
I dont like thunderbolts, they have too soft leading problems.

Jim
Not just those,..their vipers and Golden bullets do as well. Only the Yellow Jackets when
you can find them, which I have been using for years when I can get them, and the match stuff are decent. I prefer CCI's Winchesters, and Federal Auto Match the most. Only got em this one time because I was finally getting low on Shootable 22's vs. what I save long term.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 762 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Not just those,..their vipers and Golden bullets do as well. Only the Yellow Jackets when
you can find them, which I have been using for years when I can get them, and the match stuff are decent. I prefer CCI's Winchesters, and Federal Auto Match the most. Only got em this one time because I was finally getting low on Shootable 22's vs. what I save long term.
Dont want to hijack the SR22 thread, but I agree on those Remmy .22s, I havent bought any Remy .22s in a long time, for that very reason. I stick with Win superX, CCI, and if testing accy , I like Eley Match. On topic here, My SR 22 shoots most accurate using the Eley and CCI.
I do want to try some Wolf Match also.

Jim

Old 10-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux

Dont want to hijack the SR22 thread, but I agree on those Remmy .22s, I havent bought any Remy .22s in a long time, for that very reason. I stick with Win superX, CCI, and if testing accy , I like Eley Match. On topic here, My SR 22 shoots most accurate using the Eley and CCI.
I do want to try some Wolf Match also.

Jim
Jim,..check out the Federal Auto Match if you can find a brick at a decent price. Just as Good as the Much more Expensive stuff...
I have bought 4 Bricks since Late June.....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.