How many have a LCR-22LR and...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > How many have a LCR-22LR and...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 03:54 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default How many have a LCR-22LR and...

what do you think of them? I've heard bad things about their trigger pull. Any experienced with this gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This is the one Ruger I own that I am not happy with. I got it for the wife to use thinking it would be a small easy gun for her to use. The trigger pull is so stiff and hard I even have a tough time shooting it. I havent really searched yet for some kind of trigger job I can do on it like I found for my SPS101.
I would strongly recommend shooting one before you buy, if that is possible.

Ken

Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

When we were searching for a second 22 for the Mz. we tired out the Smaller(caliber) LCR since she already carries an LCR 38+P and keeps the SP101 @ home...she tried out both the LR & the 22Mag. and was not happy with the pull either although she likes the overall feel. we are looking into something with a longer barrel tho for .22...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #4

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It's a great little gun. I carry it while working on my property. Delivers rat shot right where I want it every time. I have no issues with the trigger at all. My range groupings are very tight with this plinker.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #5

So.........two out of three think the trigger is crap? That pretty much goes along with what I've heard.

I do have a LCR .357 mag. that has a great trigger on it. I wonder why the difference in similar guns....?

Old 08-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #6

Liked 232 Times on 154 Posts

I have one and it is pretty accurate for such a short barrel DAO. The trigger leaves a lot to be desired but after shooting it for a while you really appreciate the triggers on your other guns. So that's a plus.

I do not think there is an effective trigger job for it yet because the DAO rimfire has to have such a heavy strike to reliably ignite.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 762 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Rimfire needs a lot heavier spring to punch that rim primer to ignite.

Lighten that ,and you get FTF .

The LCR 22 has a better trigger than most, although it is very heavy compared to centerfire.

Jim

Old 08-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB View Post
I have one and it is pretty accurate for such a short barrel DAO. The trigger leaves a lot to be desired but after shooting it for a while you really appreciate the triggers on your other guns. So that's a plus.

I do not think there is an effective trigger job for it yet because the DAO rimfire has to have such a heavy strike to reliably ignite.
Ha, that reminds me of the guy hitting himself on the head with a hammer....because it felt so good when he quit.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
Rimfire needs a lot heavier spring to punch that rim primer to ignite.

Lighten that ,and you get FTF .

The LCR 22 has a better trigger than most, although it is very heavy compared to centerfire.

Jim
The heavy spring makes sense, but you'd think they could design a release that would work a bit smoother.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKS
So.........two out of three think the trigger is crap? That pretty much goes along with what I've heard.

I do have a LCR .357 mag. that has a great trigger on it. I wonder why the difference in similar guns....?
Tim: I didn't say "it's crap" I said it's a stiff Trigger. My wife equates .22's with Fun!! her Buckmark is FUN(as long as i keep it clean for her!!) The 10/22 i gave her(with an OLD school collapsable folding mini-14 style stock) is Fun...
To her a "Heavy" trigger is "work"(like the "92's we now carry for Volunteer AUX LE work) her magnums are work....YMMV...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...