does no one like the .40? - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > does no one like the .40?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 507 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Why is anyone paying attention to Manta? He acts like he's an authority where guns are concerned, but where he lives he can't even touch one unless he's military, or LE and even they're very restricted. I can't believe he ever shot a Glock, let alone even been in the same room with one. What he's typing is pure fantasy plain and simple.
Why pay attention to you when you don't know what you are talking about. True you need a certificate to own a firearm they are easy to get. I have a number of handguns so know more about them than you think a glock not being one of them.

Last edited by manta; 03-25-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #122

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The 40 was a compromise. The FBI did a lot of testing and settled on the 10mm but their agents could not handle the recoil. The 10mm load was reduced so S&W came up with the 40 which duplicated the 10mm reduced load. Since that time there have been a lot of advancements in bullet technology so the advantages over the 9mm have shrunk. The 40 is a high pressure cartridge and does have a sharp recoil impulse in a light gun. It might be a little unpleasant but it is controllable. I had one of the original 40SV S&W pistols and it was not bad to shoot. I made the mistake of buying a G23 which I absolutely did not like part of it being the Glocks just dont fit me. The best handling 40 I have shot was the Steyr M40.
The large caliber stopping power reputation came about before the advent of modern HP ammunition. I would rather have a 45 than a 9mm if I had to rely on hardball. Then bigger is better. The 357 gained its reputation with a very fast light bullet (1500fpsx125grx4"). +P+ 9mm loads come close to the 357 and then there is the 357 Sig which is a 40 necked down to 357. Still 9mm. That said, my wife and I each have an SR9c and yes I do have a couple of 45's but no 1911's. I really dont know why I keep the 45's.
I have a Ruger Security Six 357/38 in a 4" which I carried as my duty gun for years. Some time ago when I needed to I got a G23, to me the recoil is similar to my Ruger with a med. 357 load... I very much enjoy shooting and carrying my Glock as it sets nicely IWB where my Ruger is pretty uncomfortable to conceal other than shoulder holster. Maybe a good high carry but the Glock is great on a duty belt or IWB or in my vest pocket in a pocket holster. But thats' my opinion / situation. My partner carries 9mm and one of my sisters just got a shield. Each to his own, I would not want to get hit with a BB gun they all hurt...
Old 03-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

One of the clubs that i shoot at. Kells Rifle & Pistol Club - Home www.kellsrpc.com/ Do you think it doesn't excist in the uk as well.

Last edited by manta; 03-25-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #124
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Does no one like the .40? ....

Old 03-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #125
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Does no one like the .40? ....
Sorry for the ill informed distraction. Back on subject i had a .40 i didn't like the caliber my CZ is 9mm and i have a .45 so don't see the need for the .40.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #126
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
What was on the picture to make it freaking? Oh, as far as the CZ...what is with the tape..hmm? Hiding something?
What tape are you talking about. ? If you are talking about the white mark covering the serial number. Its because i don't want the serial number of my firearm on the net if that's OK.

Last edited by manta; 03-25-2013 at 08:01 PM.
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #127

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I thought this was a forum that talks about firearms. Is this particular thread still about 40 S&W? Is this a psychological evaluation? Should I take my meds first? Stand back to back, walk 10 paces, turn and shoot. Weeeee. It's over. Now can we talk about 40 S&W? I have two pistols in that caliber and I think it's great.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #128
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5912 Times on 3085 Posts
Likes Given: 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
I thought this was a forum that talks about firearms. Is this particular thread still about 40 S&W? Is this a psychological evaluation? Should I take my meds first? Stand back to back, walk 10 paces, turn and shoot. Weeeee. It's over. Now can we talk about 40 S&W? I have two pistols in that caliber and I think it's great.
Yes we do talk about firearms but on occasion people like to run these bull elephants off the reservation. In such cases we shoot 'em right above the beak and put 'em out of everyone's misery

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Closed Thread