does no one like the .40? - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum >

does no one like the .40?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1087 Times on 675 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Reliable, affordable, and deadly. That sounds like the total package!
Its a bit like cars if you are happy with a cheap reliable crappy car that's OK same goes for firearms.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #112
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 273 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta
Its a bit like cars if you are happy with a cheap reliable crappy car that's OK same goes for firearms.
Don't confuse him with the facts, his mind is already made up.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #113

Liked 86 Times on 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Sooo Glock?

Old 03-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1087 Times on 675 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Don't confuse him with the facts, his mind is already made up.
What facts are those. ? I suppose my mind is made up i have shot glocks and don't like anything about them. There are as reliable handguns that have a better trigger are more accurate and have a better grip. The reason they are so popular among law enforcement is simple cost. For some reason they are more popular among civilian shooters in America than they are here. PS They go bang when you pull the trigger and if that's all you want in a handgun then buy a glock.

Last edited by manta; 03-23-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #115

Liked 520 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Soooo, this is the Ruger forum right?

Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #116

Liked 384 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousM3 View Post
Quote:
I agree with both contradictory points, actually.

Reliable, affordable, deadly (ie- effective, sufficient). These are three of the (arguably the three) most ctritical factors in choosing a defensive handgun. Of course the others are ergonomics/fit (to the individual shooter) and style. None of the latter points are to be dismissed by any means.

But...

I don't prefer 40sw or Glocks. I tend to carry 9mm or 45acp, and not Glocks. However, I actually own 2 Glocks in 40sw. Go figure. I don't love the feel of the caliber or Glock's sight picture or trigger pull, but I've found that they perform quite well for me. And the price is right. And I love that massive Glock sales ultimately equate to more affordable parts, accessories, and conversion (9mm/357sig) barrels.

Glock is far from the be-all, end-all defense pistol. Same with 40sw. But both have very pragmatic applications. There are a number of legitimate advantages to each, IMO.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #117
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 273 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousM3

What more do you need? There is always some snob that disses a particular brand of anything, be it a car, TV, gun, or what have you. I don't need a luxury car to commute to work; a Honda does just as well at less cost. If you can afford to commute in a Ferarri, fine; but don't sneer at me for doing the same thing with a Honda.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #118
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22392 Times on 12494 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
What facts are those. ? I suppose my mind is made up i have shot glocks and don't like anything about them. There are as reliable handguns that have a better trigger are more accurate and have a better grip. The reason they are so popular among law enforcement is simple cost. For some reason they are more popular among civilian shooters in America than they are here. PS They go bang when you pull the trigger and if that's all you want in a handgun then buy a glock.
not just cost. if you have to equip say a 1000 people with a firearm and you test say ten different ones and five of those ten meet all requirements and pass the qualifications, then they usually go with the lowest cost firearm that passed all the tests.

simple numbers. Glock $475 @1000 units = $475,000
Sig $650 @ 1000 units = $650,000
S & W $550 @ 1000 units = $550,000
SA @ $500 @ 1000 units = $500,000
Colt @ $700 @ 1000 units = $700,000

so if you have to equip for 1000 people and all five were equal in quality, then it would safe to say that in order to save money, wouldn't you also go with the lowest price as well.

cost isn't the only factor, but as with anything it does play a huge role in many choices. Glock performs and does the job it was designed to do and those are simple facts. many people like those simple facts. if a person likes a Glock and it fits them, what's wrong with that?

BTW, i don't own a Glock, but i have shot them on many occasions. would i buy a Glock? would not be my first choice, but if the price were right, yes i would, without hesitation.
jgoertz Likes This 
Old 03-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #119

Liked 538 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Why is anyone paying attention to Manta? He acts like he's an authority where guns are concerned, but where he lives he can't even touch one unless he's military, or LE and even they're very restricted. I can't believe he ever shot a Glock, let alone even been in the same room with one. What he's typing is pure fantasy plain and simple.

He knocks the Glock, but fails to mention that the Glock17 is the authorized LE handgun. In 1997 the UK passed the Firearms Amendment Act and even more stricter laws followed that totally banned full automatic and semi auto handguns and shotguns. Even .22's were banned with some exceptions allowed for antique and black powder. Northern Ireland though has less stringent laws, but are very strict non the less.

Manta would need to be licensed just to get his hands on an airgun, so being realistic what the hell does he know except for what he sees on the internet and TV.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #120
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22392 Times on 12494 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
Why is anyone paying attention to Manta? He acts like he's an authority where guns are concerned, but where he lives he can't even touch one unless he's military, or LE and even they're very restricted. I can't believe he ever shot a Glock, let alone even been in the same room with one. What he's typing is pure fantasy plain and simple.

He knocks the Glock, but fails to mention that the Glock17 is the authorized LE handgun. In 1997 the UK passed the Firearms Amendment Act and even more stricter laws followed that totally banned full automatic and semi auto handguns and shotguns. Even .22's were banned with some exceptions allowed for antique and black powder. Northern Ireland though has less stringent laws, but are very strict non the less.

Manta would need to be licensed just to get his hands on an airgun, so being realistic what the hell does he know except for what he sees on the internet and TV.
the only part i disagree with is, i think Manta is actually a woman!
gunsmoke11 Likes This 
Closed Thread