Belt Holster for an SR9c Advice
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Belt Holster for an SR9c Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Default Belt Holster for an SR9c Advice

My normal summer carry here in Florida is a M&P Shield. Fits well IWB with shorts and a tee shirt. With the colder Florida Winter (well, a little colder then summer) coming, I am looking for a belt holster for my SR9c. With a light jacket and/or some larger shirts, I think it would be a good belt gun. Even IWB is easier for it in the harsh Florida Winter. I am looking for some adice as to what to start looking at. All suggestions (other then moving somewhere and taking in a real Winter) are appreciated.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2403 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 324

Safariland ALS Concealment Paddle Holster works great for winter carry. Its REALLY comfortable and has good retention if it comes out of your shirt and somebody makes a grab for it. Plus the paddle lets you use it without a belt if the need arises. They have one that fits the SR9, it runs $40-$50 most places.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 08-31-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Safariland ALS Concealment Paddle Holster works great for winter carry. Its REALLY comfortable and has good retention if it comes out of your shirt and somebody makes a grab for it. Plus the paddle lets you use it without a belt if the need arises. They have one that fits the SR9, it runs $40-$50 most places.
Thanks, I will take a look at it.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 08-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2403 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat

Thanks, I will take a look at it.
No prob. Let us know what you pick and why if you have time later!

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 08-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

If you're looking for IWB, I recommend OldFaithful Holster. Relatively cheap if you buy the kit. Good warranty. Made in the USA.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #6

Liked 92 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Love my Bianchi Carryloc. Fits the SR9c like a glove, high quality leather and great retention. I had another one for a Glock 17 and it did not fit the Glock worth a crap. For what it's worth...

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 09-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The Old Faithful holster is great!!

Dave

Old 09-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I wanted a three slot bet holster. The people at Cabela's were very helpful and after a couple of tries a DeSantis showed up ( a 001 L7) in their computer search. I will say I was looking at the screen when it did and it said SR 9c. This was exactly what I wanted. So - it followed me home. The thumb snap wasn't as snug as on my other DeSantis' holsters and I have noticed that the safety is sometimes in the fire position when I draw the SR 9c. I'm surprised this has concerned me so little. I believe it is because there is a snug fit, the trigger is fully covered, and I carry my M&P (no thumb safety) in the same type of holster by the same maker. As previously stated the thumb snap isn't quite as snug as I'd like, but the Ruger has stayed where it should be. My carry guns are all carried in the same type of holster in the same place on my belt.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Check out Bear River Holsters on line. Guys name is Brad and he does custom built holsters that are really nice. I have 1 for my SR9, 1 for my SR22 both of these OWB and have slots for your belt. Third on I got was for my LC9 and is a snap on OWB style. I use this one more often as my carry gun. Holster sits tight against my hit and even a long tee shirt covers it with no print.
Worth taking a look at his sight.
Ken

Old 09-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #10

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

I use Crossbreed for my carry holster, all year round. I love it, and won't use anything else for IWB ever again. Plus with the lifetime warranty, and try if free trial period, NRA/LEO discount, you have nothing to lose.