Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ruger Handgun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f175/)
-   -   Advice (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f175/advice-96751/)

jeffkaiser1989 09-08-2013 11:39 PM

Advice
 
Hey all i need some help here. My mother is intrested in a Ruger LC9 i would love to know some pros and cons about the gun from people that have it. I appreciate the help so thank you in advance.

kjdeut 09-09-2013 03:20 AM

It is a nice little gun. I think most comments you get will be about the trigger pull, because it feels really long compared to my other Rugers. I wasnt fond of mine at first but got use to it after putting a bunch of rounds through it at the range. I would suggest trying one if she can before purchasing.

Ken

jeffkaiser1989 09-10-2013 12:50 AM

kj thanks for the advice but i dont know anybody that has one and the ranges around here dont have one for rent.

rurak 09-10-2013 05:38 PM

I own one and I really dislike it. I'm 6'1" and I have large hands. Its too small for me and its very snappy on the recoil. I bought a s&w shield and its a much better firearm all around in my opinion.

Fathead00 09-10-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rurak
I own one and I really dislike it. I'm 6'1" and I have large hands. Its too small for me and its very snappy on the recoil. I bought a s&w shield and its a much better firearm all around in my opinion.

Wait a minute. You still bought the gun even though it didn't fit your hand!!! :::confused:::

Fathead00 09-10-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffkaiser1989
Hey all i need some help here. My mother is intrested in a Ruger LC9 i would love to know some pros and cons about the gun from people that have it. I appreciate the help so thank you in advance.

My wife carries one and she really enjoys it. The LC9 does have a long trigger, but nothing you can't get use to. I've shot it and I am actually pretty good with it.:)

orangello 09-10-2013 07:28 PM

I saw a chick get a NASTY slide bite from one of those lil buggers; make sure your mom gets the grip right.

eatmydust 09-10-2013 07:54 PM

I own a LC9 and I like it. I carry it when it is not too hot outside (then I carry a stainless steel S&W mod. 60 .357). I find the trigger pull on the LC9 much lighter than the S&W m. 60.

If your mother finds the LC9 hard to rack or the recoil is too stiff, consider the LC380.

Pros: price, size, capacity, ease of use, U.S. made

Cons: recoil, trigger pull, magazine safety feature

rurak 09-10-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00 (Post 1367391)

Wait a minute. You still bought the gun even though it didn't fit your hand!!! :::confused:::

Its the wifes!!!!!!! She loves the thing. Came with a laser that she had me take off!!!!

hiwall 09-10-2013 11:29 PM

Have her work the slide a couple times before she buys one. If she can not work the slide without trouble then buy something else.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.