Would James Bond go Sig?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Would James Bond go Sig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 04:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Would James Bond go Sig?

Just recently watching Skyfall, I thought my P938 shots a bigger caliber& 2 more than the PPK. Q may wanna upgrade.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357cultist
Just recently watching Skyfall, I thought my P938 shots a bigger caliber& 2 more than the PPK. Q may wanna upgrade.
I ran out and bought a black PPK after Skyfall (had wanted one for a while) to rotate into my daily carry with my P938. I shot it once and sold it. It was the most uncomfortable gun I ever shot. I was completely surprised as I have owned two different .380s. I figured that with the heft that the Walther has it would be a joy to shoot. Apparently the fixed barrel magnifies the recoil a lot. That combined with the shape of the back strap dug into the webbing of my hand and really stung. Maybe I am just a wuss, but I can't be the only person this had happened to. Back to the 938 extreme as my go to carry gun.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #3

Wow, The ppk has such a solid reputation for likability. Each person has unique features that can make a gun uncomfortable. WWJames Do?

Old 03-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #4

Liked 380 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Could be wrong, but I thought JB had a Sig or an H&K in Goldeneye.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #5

Liked 511 Times on 276 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Could be wrong, but I thought JB had a Sig or an H&K in Goldeneye.
If he did, it was a pick up off a bad guy. Otherwise his standard sidearm was the PPK.

I think the whole Walther thing is a personal choice in the film, though I did notice over time the other agents had P99's pretty standard. In Skyfall, both Bond and his partner were using PPK's in the beginning. Must be something about the film version MI-6.

In the books, the few I've read, Bond is not near so particular.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain