Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Why are Sigs so expensive?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #21
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6744 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie62 View Post
Here's the skinny.....I questioned a few forums before I made my purchases. I spent hours on the web reading pros and cons. I considered S&W, glock, sig and beretta. I wanted a full size 40. Everyone on the forums said, and I'll paraphrase here, " buy what fits." I had my mind set to buy an M&P. went to LGS, sales person said buy what fits. So I held them.had in hand a Kimber,Bersa, beretta, S&W, Taurus and a sig. Maybe not in that order, but sig last.when I picked up that exquisite piece of metal, I thought this is what everyone is talking about when they say "fit", when I raised it, it came up to a natural point of aim. When I gripped it and regripped it, there was only one way to hold it, when I pointed it, it was aimed. The only reason I put it down was to reach for my wallet, choice made, not the M&P, the p226.
I had the same experience. I was looking for a .380 pocket pistol. I thought I had my heart set on a LCP. But I also looked at a Bursa Thunder and the Sig. When I picked up that Sig, I liked the balance and the weight of it. They let me dry fire it and the trigger was sweet. There was no looking back for me. Of course, I choose the most expensive. The salesman said he thought I would like the Colt Mustang but they weren't out quite yet. He said the Sig was almost exactly the same as the Colt Mustang but it was a Sig. I don't regret my purchase. Not one bit.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Never regretted a Sig purchase. My first was a P229 in .40/357, still shoot it today in IDPA matches. Also own 226 Navy, 226 TacOps, and 239 SAS. On my wish list for ASAP, P220 Elite and Sig 1911.

You can't really go wrong, they are built to last.

Virginia58

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
~John Wooden

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:58 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I've had a few over the years. The first one was a P225 that I bought years many years back. It had a lasermax recoil spring in it when I bought it. The sole purpose at the time was to get a 9mm to reduce my range expenses on ammo. I sold it during a little forced hiatus from shooting. When I got back into shooting, I sold my Kimber 1911 and bought a Sig P938. No one else has what I consider a good uber compact 9mm carry gun that shoots well and isn't unruly when used at the range. The only other gun that was close in my opinion was the Kimber Solo and I've sworn to never buy another Kimber so help me god. Sig has always met or exceeded my expectations with their models I've bought. Are they a bit on the pricey side, sure. But it isn't like buying a Wilson Combat or anything.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr