Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   What sights do you use on your p-series Sigs? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/what-sights-do-you-use-your-p-series-sigs-91333/)

nickel1911 05-27-2013 12:04 PM

Hello all!
As the title says, I'm wondering what sight systems you all use on your p-series Sigs? Do you stick with the Sig sights, or venture out and try a different sight system? The reason I ask is this... It seems that with my sig sights ( Sig night sights on my p220 carry and Sig combat night sights on my p229 elite) I need to completely cover my target with the front sight post to hit center. With all of my other handguns (non Sigs), hitting center is achieved by lining up the tops of the front and rear sights. Are there sights or sight combinations out there that will change my Sigs' sight picture to what I'm more used to?

Jagermeister 05-27-2013 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Factory installed quick target acquisition sight on my German manufactured P226r. Great for competition and self-defense.

sparky80 05-27-2013 12:21 PM

I personally prefer the Sig's sight picture, seems most natural for me. I'm sure you could find out the factory sight's height and look around for a different height to get the sight picture you want. Good luck.

nickel1911 05-27-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Factory installed quick target acquisition sight on my German manufactured P226r. Great for competition and self-defense.

Nice low profile sights! Where's your point of aim on those sights? Do you need to cover the target with your front post or do you use the top of your sights to aim?

DrumJunkie 05-27-2013 12:28 PM

I like the OEM sights too...

Being they are combat sights you usually don't float a target with them. And I like it that way.

Jagermeister 05-27-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickel1911 (Post 1259245)
Nice low profile sights! Where's your point of aim on those sights? Do you need to cover the target with your front post or do you use the top of your sights to aim?

They are combat sights, so you must cover the target with the front sight. If I hold the front sight at 6 o'clock, I will shoot about 3" lower from my point of aim further down range. I do prefer to cover my targets. My HK USP .40 sights also has to cover the target. They are three dot system though. I have to admit that I barely use back sights unless I am shooting long distance. I only own two handguns at a time, and practice hard with them. Target acquisition becomes second nature at shorter distances.

Jagermeister 05-27-2013 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the sight picture on my HK

nickel1911 05-27-2013 01:05 PM

I'm pretty adaptable so it's not too much of a problem to adjust to the sights. I normally only take aim for my first few shots of the day and then instinctively shoot the remainder. But if I could get all of my platforms on the same page when it comes to a general sight picture, that's one less adjustment I'd have to make when it comes to transitioning from one platform to the next. I currently own 1911s, M&Ps, Glocks and now Sigs. All very different platforms with different sight pictures, trigger systems and all around ergonomics. If I can narrow down or eliminate some of those differences and tailor them to fit me, I think I'd be better off in the long run.

drvsafe 05-28-2013 04:17 AM

I have the SIGLite sights my P229. Works for me.

bbertram 06-01-2013 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've become attached to the TruGlo TFO sights on my Sigs. Here's a pic of my P-6. My 66 year old eyes LOVE the front sight. :)