Well it happened again on Saturday
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Well it happened again on Saturday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Default Well it happened again on Saturday

Well it happened again! Just another example of my addiction!
Went into a gun shop on Saturday and was just browsing around as you all know the drill. Looking at several pistols and the prices and the fact that a lot of the shelves were a little sparse! Came to one enclosed case and there she was! Looking right at me calling my name! And motioning for me to pick her up and feel her! Well you know the rest of the story!
She is now a resident at my home and can't wait to shoot her! Just kind of a different piece is why it appealed to me. I am going to remove the Magazine Safety I hate those D---- things!
She is a Sig Sauer Model 1911 22 Cal Pistol! That is in the picture below. Also if anyone knows anyone who has another Magazine in stock for her please advise since they only come with one Magazine!

new-sig-sauer-1911-22-cal..jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #2

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

I saw one yesterday when I was buying my mp5 I am considering buying it congrats don't forget to let us know how it shoots

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 03-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Mine does not say Sig, but my ATI GSG is a hoot at the range. I got lucky and picked up an extra mag at local shop.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Gearhead and Gator!

Bitting at the bit here to take the New Sig 1911 22 to the range. So yesterday I removed it from the box field stripped it cleaned and lubed it so as to have it ready for the first day on the range. The weather has not been good for range time! But coming soon and I will give you a range report and some pictures. But Gearhead! You have got to get one! This is one of the smoothest pistols I have and it has a tremendous trigger in it. If it shoots like the action it is going to be impressive! I'll let you know as soon as I get her out on the Range.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 03-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Get a stainless guide rod from CW Accessories for your new shooter.

image.jpg  

Old 03-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #6

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Reminds me much of this one of mine (tho a .45)...

colt-combat-target.jpg  

Old 03-22-2013, 02:28 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 951 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 105

You got yourself a good gun!! Here is my GSG/SIG in .22, fun to shoot and accurate.

img_0024_resized.jpg

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

Sniper03 Likes This 
Old 03-22-2013, 02:42 AM   #8

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Gearhead and Gator!

Bitting at the bit here to take the New Sig 1911 22 to the range. So yesterday I removed it from the box field stripped it cleaned and lubed it so as to have it ready for the first day on the range. The weather has not been good for range time! But coming soon and I will give you a range report and some pictures. But Gearhead! You have got to get one! This is one of the smoothest pistols I have and it has a tremendous trigger in it. If it shoots like the action it is going to be impressive! I'll let you know as soon as I get her out on the Range.

Let me know after you shoot it I just may go buy it

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 03-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Gator and JPyle on your PM!

Thank for the great advise! I ordered the guide rod and spring kit this morning from CW Accessories. Good price also at $24.00 including S&H. And if I understand it correctly I can get rid if the hex screw issue also?

*Patrick Henry

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 03-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #10

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Gator and JPyle on your PM!

Thank for the great advise! I ordered the guide rod and spring kit this morning from CW Accessories. Good price also at $24.00 including S&H. And if I understand it correctly I can get rid if the hex screw issue also?

Think you need the barrel bushing as well to get rid of the screw. CW's bushing takes all that wiggle out and locks down the barrel as a good bushing should.

I got GSG mags on ebay or Amazon. They are still pricy but better than what SIG wants for them. Think I paid $27 or so.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington