Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   Well it happened again on Saturday (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/well-happened-again-saturday-86812/)

Sniper03 03-18-2013 01:38 AM

Well it happened again on Saturday

1 Attachment(s)
Well it happened again! Just another example of my addiction!
Went into a gun shop on Saturday and was just browsing around as you all know the drill. Looking at several pistols and the prices and the fact that a lot of the shelves were a little sparse! Came to one enclosed case and there she was! Looking right at me calling my name! And motioning for me to pick her up and feel her! :D Well you know the rest of the story!
She is now a resident at my home and can't wait to shoot her! Just kind of a different piece is why it appealed to me. I am going to remove the Magazine Safety I hate those D---- things!
She is a Sig Sauer Model 1911 22 Cal Pistol! That is in the picture below. Also if anyone knows anyone who has another Magazine in stock for her please advise since they only come with one Magazine!

gearhead396 03-18-2013 01:43 AM

I saw one yesterday when I was buying my mp5 I am considering buying it congrats don't forget to let us know how it shoots

Gatoragn 03-18-2013 01:47 AM

Mine does not say Sig, but my ATI GSG is a hoot at the range. I got lucky and picked up an extra mag at local shop.

Sniper03 03-22-2013 02:14 AM

Gearhead and Gator!

Bitting at the bit here to take the New Sig 1911 22 to the range. So yesterday I removed it from the box field stripped it cleaned and lubed it so as to have it ready for the first day on the range. The weather has not been good for range time! But coming soon and I will give you a range report and some pictures. But Gearhead! You have got to get one! This is one of the smoothest pistols I have and it has a tremendous trigger in it. If it shoots like the action it is going to be impressive! I'll let you know as soon as I get her out on the Range.

Gatoragn 03-22-2013 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Get a stainless guide rod from CW Accessories for your new shooter.

HockaLouis 03-22-2013 02:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Reminds me much of this one of mine (tho a .45)...

Dearhunter 03-22-2013 03:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You got yourself a good gun!! Here is my GSG/SIG in .22, fun to shoot and accurate.

Attachment 92050

gearhead396 03-22-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03
Gearhead and Gator!

Bitting at the bit here to take the New Sig 1911 22 to the range. So yesterday I removed it from the box field stripped it cleaned and lubed it so as to have it ready for the first day on the range. The weather has not been good for range time! But coming soon and I will give you a range report and some pictures. But Gearhead! You have got to get one! This is one of the smoothest pistols I have and it has a tremendous trigger in it. If it shoots like the action it is going to be impressive! I'll let you know as soon as I get her out on the Range.

Let me know after you shoot it I just may go buy it :)

Sniper03 03-22-2013 05:54 PM

Gator and JPyle on your PM!

Thank for the great advise! I ordered the guide rod and spring kit this morning from CW Accessories. Good price also at $24.00 including S&H. :) And if I understand it correctly I can get rid if the hex screw issue also?

Jpyle 03-22-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03
Gator and JPyle on your PM!

Thank for the great advise! I ordered the guide rod and spring kit this morning from CW Accessories. Good price also at $24.00 including S&H. :) And if I understand it correctly I can get rid if the hex screw issue also?

Think you need the barrel bushing as well to get rid of the screw. CW's bushing takes all that wiggle out and locks down the barrel as a good bushing should.

I got GSG mags on ebay or Amazon. They are still pricy but better than what SIG wants for them. Think I paid $27 or so.