I just bought my first P226 a couple of weeks ago and I have been extremely pleased with it. I had read a bunch about it and most of it was positive...things I liked:
1. Decocker allows you to carry the gun with hammer down easily, DA on first shot.
2. Mk 25 has excellent sights
3. Gun is very accurate
4. I find the recoil of the 9mm to be tame so accurate follow up shots are easy...easier than any other 9mm I own
5. 15 round capacity is always welcome
6. 4.4# trigger pull in single action is crisp and clean which further aids accuracy
7. It looks good!
Things I don't like
1. Expensive...mine was 1000 new and with the current state of affairs, new gun prices are on the high side
2. The trigger reset was a bit longer than I expected on the Mk25 but not bad
3. not really anything else so far
Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
Last edited by Mouser; 08-26-2013 at 03:53 PM.