Originally Posted by Mercator
I'd like to know about your experience with it.
The current batch of 2000 rounds that I have have the following issues:
1. Low grade brass as indicated by the impurities appearing in the form of specs and blotches.
2. The brass is very thin compared to Fiocchi, CCI, Aguila, etc...
3. When fired - about a 1/4 of the brass will experience crumpling adjacent to the rim.
4. About half when fired will experience excessive expansion at the end and even a slight outward curl on a portion of the end.
- That is forcing me on my semi-autos, AR-7 and Mosquito's to have to reach in with a fingernail and fish 'em out. It is downright annoying.
- Even in the bolt-action Savage MKII - the ejector pins could not pull one out 100%. I had to finish the job using a finger nail.
I asked the RO his opinion:
"They're probably so busy just trying to get as much .22LR out the factory that the cheap bulk ammo is getting worse as a result."