Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > tell me about p938?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Ya want the Super ugly? Try taking the mag apart. Directions in the manual useless - super hard to do, follower is a VERY tight squeeze past feed lips - spring looks like it goes one way, it doesn't, it goes the opposite way. I'd avoid taking it apart at all, even to clean. It''s small enough, just hose it down with a can cleaner. If you must take it apart, mark the spring's orientation 1st. If you get the spring in backwards, you turn the mag into a 5 shot instead of 6. I discovered the problem before I shot it, so I don't know if it would affect functioning.
This doesn't bother me a bit. I learned this with one of my Firestars. I learned very well a long time ago to pay close attention to the things I take apart.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1007 Times on 565 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

Sounds to me that you simply got the red-headed stepchild. Sucks I know, but QC can only go so far. I'll just cross my fingers that I get lucky and get a good one, should I decide to go through with this.

Thanks for the reply, balance is very important to me.
I have the 938 Extreme, no regrets on my purchase.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #13

Liked 645 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 390

Quote:
This doesn't bother me a bit. I learned this with one of my Firestars. I learned very well a long time ago to pay close attention to the things I take apart.
LOL, very true. Now that I know this, I'm good. BUT, it says in the manual that you can/should take it apart for cleaning. So they should make it so you can do so without a fight. OR, just say to leave it together to clean. Or, give better instructions, and comment that you need about an hour and a half.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #14

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Quote:

LOL, very true. Now that I know this, I'm good. BUT, it says in the manual that you can/should take it apart for cleaning. So they should make it so you can do so without a fight. OR, just say to leave it together to clean. Or, give better instructions, and comment that you need about an hour and a half.
Indeed!, much agreed. I wonder if there isn't a simple solution I might tinker with it a bit.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #15

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Just sold a 938 Rosewood and I was impressed with it. My only issue with the gun is the safety seemed a bit to short which I'm sure can be overcome with some practice. Overall, a real nice carry gun.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Just sold a 938 Rosewood and I was impressed with it.
If you were impressed with it, why'd ya sell it?

Quote:
I wonder if there isn't a simple solution I might tinker with it a bit.
The problem is that the follower fits in the mag very snug in most directions. It slides freely up and down, but there is not a lot of play in any other direction. To get it out, it has to come through the top. So, it has to tilt to clear the feed lips, and then the front of the mag is in the way. It's one of those catch 22's. There actually has to be some force applied to get it to clear. Not good. The best solution would be for Sig to make the bottom removable, like on a lot of other mags. For my money, it's not a large or complicated mag, and it's 100% metal, so I'll just hose it down with a harsh cleaner, and use compressed air to blow dry. Done and Done.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:07 AM   #17

[QUOTE=clr8ter;1067155]If you were impressed with it, why'd ya sell it?QUOTE]

See where it says 01 FFL in my signature?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 12-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #18

Ohhhhh, I do now. Good reason. The guy I deal with wants to take everything home, and often does. I bust his chops and tell him he can't make any money filling his own safe....

Old 12-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Ohhhhh, I do now. Good reason. The guy I deal with wants to take everything home, and often does. I bust his chops and tell him he can't make any money filling his own safe....

Well I'm home based so I have the best of both worlds

Member:

Old 01-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #20

Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
Sounds like me and knife business...every order I made had one or more for me! lol