Striker fired sig for 2014
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Striker fired sig for 2014

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

Default Striker fired sig for 2014

I hear sig is coming out with a striker fired handgun for the new year. I don't think this is necessary as sigs are great the way they are and always have been but at the same time everyone else has striker fired handguns so why not sig. Maybe hk will come out with one as well. If priced right and done right this might be a good idea but I don't really know what to think about this, if it's even true or not. How do you sig fans feel about this?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3862 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

The Ruskies were saying the same thing about a striker fire AK. Yet, CZ made the striker fire, short piston action v58. It shoots 200 rounds more a minute. A+ quality

CZ v58=800 rounds a minute
AK 12=600 rounds a minute

In relation, I think I will put my money on a revolutionary, high quality striker fire handgun from Sig.

"Feuer Frei!"

Old 12-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #3

Yeah with sig waiting so long to put out a striker fired handgun they have had plenty to learn from and I would expect it to have the best from all other strikers. Mainly though it would have to have a phenomenal trigger and ergonomics or it would be just another good striker gun

Old 12-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3033 Times on 1515 Posts
Likes Given: 348

IMHO, the biggest appeal of Sig Sauer is that they haven't succumbed to the "me too" striker pistol disorder that's spreading throughout the industry. Their hammer fired designs are excellent, why water down the brand with a striker design?

BTW, the H&K striker pistol has been done...it was called the P7. Kind of cool, but not spectacular

NRA Life Member

How will we know it's time to gather up the pitchforks & torches and start assembling the guillotine on the DC mall?

Last edited by Overkill0084; 12-20-2013 at 09:32 PM.
buckfynn Likes This 
Old 12-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #5

Yeah I would love to have the p7m8 but I was talking about a more modern striker design. That hk is definitely unique and maybe ahead of its time. I'm gonna get a ppq real soon as I have come to believe that is the best striker gun for me. I guess that strikers make up a large amount of sales and sig wants a piece of the pie. I think they will do well if it happens. I'm curious to see one

Old 12-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3033 Times on 1515 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
Yeah I would love to have the p7m8 but I was talking about a more modern striker design. That hk is definitely unique and maybe ahead of its time. I'm gonna get a ppq real soon as I have come to believe that is the best striker gun for me. I guess that strikers make up a large amount of sales and sig wants a piece of the pie. I think they will do well if it happens. I'm curious to see one
Why the big push to get a striker gun? They aren't really THAT special. I have an XD40SC, good little shooter and carry gun. But it's an appliance. I liked it better than the competing Glocks, but that's not really setting the bar really high. Hindsight being a lovely thing, I think a compact CZ would have been a better choice, at least much more enjoyable.
YMMV.
Hammers rock
NRA Life Member

How will we know it's time to gather up the pitchforks & torches and start assembling the guillotine on the DC mall?

Last edited by Overkill0084; 12-23-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

I agree with overkill. I handled and shot a lot of pistols in the 300-600 dollar range before I settled on my P250. Strikers are nice, easy to shoot accurately with minimal practice and reliable. Striker fired weapons just seemed too "artificial" for my taste. DAO and SA/DA triggers in hammer fired guns take a little more practice, but I feel more "connected" to the gun. Cars with automatic transmissions work great, but for true driving experience get a manual. This is how I feel about my guns and why I love my Sig.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #8

Yeah I understand u guys on hammer vs striker preference. Just the last couple of years I've been shooting more accurately with striker guns, except for a 5" 1911. I love sa/da triggers as well but the target doesn't lie and I shoot better with the striker guns at the moment.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I like traditional DA/SA or SA. The only striker I've owned are Glocks and they good guns. It was said before in the post, if Sig makes it right I'll try it.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
RUT
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Some of you may poo-poo striker fired guns, but the fact of the matter is they're here to stay. If Sig wants to cash in on this market they'll come out with their version of it and if done well, it'll sell in large numbers.